Esteemed Contributor

It was 43 years ago today when the United States Olympic Hockey Team defeated the Soviet Union Hockey Team, 4-3.

It was in Lake Placid, New York. It will always be remembered as:

"The Miracle on Ice".

hckynut🥅🏒 🇺🇸🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I was still living in my apartment then and I was working on a doll house in my kitchen watching on my 12 inch black and white TV!!!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

It was 43 years ago today when the United States Olympic Hockey Team defeated the Soviet Union Hockey Team, 4-3.

It was in Lake Placid, New York. It will always be remembered as:

"The Miracle on Ice".

hckynut🥅🏒 🇺🇸🇺🇸

Watched it and loved it. I still say hockeys the best sport there is. Go Penguins!!!

Super Contributor

That was amazing, a nice group of guys and cute!

Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn  We had friends in Lake Placid for many years and went up there often. They had the Olympic Center, ice rink, ski jumps, bobsled,etc. to visit. The ice rink was the most popular. One year we were near the movie theater at night and the Governor at the time was there to watch the first movie that came out about The Miracle on Ice. The whole town couldn't wait to see the movie. Lake Placid has never forgotten what happened when our team accomplished the impossible.

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ 

How great that had to be for your friends. To actually be able to witness history in the making during those Winter Olympics. 

Like 10/22/1963---9/11/2001. February 22, 1980, I will always remember where I was and what I was doing when these historical events occurred. I am sure your friends will never forget their personal experiences at Lake Placid.

hckynut 🥅🏒 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)