Honored Contributor

😲 Eagle's head coach is gone! 😲

Doug Pederson has been fired let go.  Lauri owner of the Eagles gave a long winded press conference on our local FOX News.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: 😲 Eagle's head coach is gone! 😲

I'm sure others will follow along with QBs.  Tis the season!

Esteemed Contributor

Pittsburgh needs to clean up a little also. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

Doug Pederson has been fired let go.  Lauri owner of the Eagles gave a long winded press conference on our local FOX News.

There have been many articles in the paper about Doug Pederson. The sports writers wanted him gone. Have not seen one article that was favorable about him.

Nice touch using green coloring for your post.

PS - Just 3 years after the Super Bowl Championship. How quickly things change.

Honored Contributor

@godi wrote:

Pittsburgh needs to clean up a little also. 

My DH just commented to me today that it would not be surprising if Ben and the coach were to be gone !!!

Super Contributor

I am an Eagles fan.  Very disappointed in Carson Wentz this year for two reasons, performance and immaturity.  I feel Doug has done some strange things, but I am not a football coach or player.  I do feel in trying to fix before replacing.  My years in Human Resources showed me both sides to this.   I have read about lots of internal problems and certain management tied to others.  Perhaps it is for the best but I am not seeing it that way.  Yes,  they have lots of problems and obviously
Jeff L feels he can fix it without Doug.  Doug will be fine, a Super Bowl win looks good on a resume.  

As someone said, it is that time of year.🦅🏈💚

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, this season was horrendous,  however, 3 years ago he led the birds to their 1st Lombardy Trophy.  He has a statue outside the Linc.

So many elements this season led to the end result.  Injuries became an epidemic.   11 different combinations for the offensive line helped no one.

I watched the presser;  evasive at best.  While I applaud the owner for his commitment to the Autism community, I don't understand his allegiance to Howie.  Howie always gets a free pass no matter what.  The draft choices and trades over the years haven't benefited the birds.   

The Eagles need an offensive coordinator,  a designated QB coach, and talented players on the offensive and defensive lines.  We need more players who clearly want to win and we need to stop bringing in the showboaters.

Honored Contributor

Poor Doug.  He seemed like a good guy, but didn't seem to click with the Eagles' multi-million dollar baby Carson Wentz.

Esteemed Contributor

Not a sports fan, but there are some interesting statistical studies about firing a coach.   They have never found a strong correlation to future wins.   Always though was interesting from a betting point of view 😉

I just show myself out.....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr wrote:

Poor Doug.  He seemed like a good guy, but didn't seem to click with the Eagles' multi-million dollar baby Carson Wentz.

I doubt Wentz "clicks" w/his fellow players either because of..........

Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at Mon, Jan 11, 2021-9.48.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at Mon, Jan 11, 2021-9.50.13 PM.png

SOURCE:  sportrac dot com

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif