Honored Contributor

ESPN 30 For 30 Once Upon A Time In Queens

If you are a Mets fan this four part documentary is a must see. It mostly concentrates on the magical 86 season and team but does cover the early years. I enjoyed this so much, I never get tired of seeing clips from the 86 World Series with the Boston Red Sox that the Mets were destined to win ( I am a biased Mets fan, that team and series were the greatest in baseball history in my opinion). You see behind the scenes the media setting up everything up in the Red Sox locker room because they were sure the Sox were winning game 6 of The World Series, series over. Roger Clemons shaved before the game was over, he wanted to look good for the cameras. The Mets mount a comeback to get to game 7 and we all know what happened. I have always felt sorry for Bill Buckner he was usually taken out of the lineup in the late innings for defense ( he had bad knees I think), but the manager wanted him to be on the field when they won The World Series.

Respected Contributor

Re: ESPN 30 For 30 Once Upon A Time In Queens

[ Edited ]

Fun season.  My Dad was a huge Lenny Dykstra fan.

I was a Mets fan, but felt bad for Buckner, too.  Hope that story about his dog was untrue.  

I've heard Jimmy Kimmel talking about the documentary.  Looking forward to it.

Respected Contributor

They reran the series on ABC on Sunday afternoon.  Keith H's cat is adorable!!!

Valued Contributor

LENNY  DYSTRKA still has problems. I think he was on drugs during the 

interviews. boy he swears alot,