Honored Contributor

Does Anyone Think We’ll Have a Baseball Season??

I miss my Baseball! The two sides seem far apart, and time is passing. Woman Frustrated 

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Think We’ll Have a Baseball Season??

I keep praying for it!  Not for me, but it keeps hubby busy!  

Esteemed Contributor

I pray that everything gets back at some level but seeing what is going on in Brazil,some other countries and states that seemed to be spared it is understandable about athletes needing protective measures along with everyone else.

Honored Contributor

I think baseball will be back. It'll obviously be a shortened season, but they should be able to return. 

As to Brazil, don't forget that countries south of the equator are now in their fall season and nearing the start of their winter. They had far fewer infections in their summer (our winter) but with fall and winter now coming their infections are increasing. 

While this virus isn't a cold or flu virus (though it's related to four of the common cold viruses that are also coronaviruses), it's behaving in much the same way where it decreases dramatically in warmer weather then surges in the fall and winter. The old axiom that sunlight is the best disinfectant seems to be holding true as we head into our summer months here north of the equator. It's surging in many of the areas south of the equator while it seems to be ebbing a bit in the areas north of the equator.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

I doubt it. We get a "mini plan" and go to about 12 games a season. Our Diamondbacks have already given us options regarding our tickets, although

they are still hopeful that we will have some kind of a season.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Honored Contributor

My husband just said yesterday, that he wished they'd get started on this seasons baseball.  He believes they can do it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

As much as I love my Mets and miss the games A LOT, I'm for not having baseball this year. I feel like every achievement of MLB teams will have a footnote attached to it- and the sports critics will have a field day (pun intended! Woman Happy). I don't want the season diminshed in any way- I'm for starting fresh in 2021!

Esteemed Contributor

Baseball is all about stats. Sometimes I wish the season was shortened in general, but hubs says that would mess with the stats. I'm wondering if they go ahead and play an alternative season, how would that mess with the stats? Pitchers and catchers having arm problems -- what an opportunity for more healing. Just thinking out loud. We're a baseball family. Season tix for years and we visit spring training yearly. Hubs is watching old games from 2015 world series - Royals fan. It's endearing but a little sad, too.     

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

As much as I love my Mets and miss the games A LOT, I'm for not having baseball this year. I feel like every achievement of MLB teams will have a footnote attached to it- and the sports critics will have a field day (pun intended! Woman Happy). I don't want the season diminshed in any way- I'm for starting fresh in 20201!

@Ibby114 : I'm a Mets fan too, and l understand your point. But l miss baseball SO much, that l feel that any baseball season we could have-- no matter how watered-down-- would be better than none at all. And l'm not patient enough to wait another 10 months. Woman Sad

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Contributor

As much as I look forward to baseball every year....GO CUBS...I don't think there will be, too many uncertain health issues and logistics to figure out and billionaires and multi-millionaires, owners and players, not wanting to give up $$$$$...so I too watch past games and never get tired of watching 2016 World Series game #7 and as a lifetime Cub fan can say easily enough "wait till next year"