Honored Contributor

Dirk Nowitzki (Dallas Mavs): 30,000 Club!

[ Edited ]

Oh, how I love The Big German!

Everyone....loves Dirk.

Not just sportsy people, but e.v.e.r.y.o.n.e. in the media, fans of all ages from all teams.  He's everyone's buddy & just an overall good guy...who happens to be an amazing athlete.  Very loyal, very true & highly regarded among his peers of having an amazing work ethic.   And mix that w/ an outspoken, well-known owner (Mark Cuban), and it's electric.   I remember when he came to the Mavs...so young & fresh!  

Everyone was on Twitter immediately following the qualifying shot. Congratulations by everyone imaginable.   My SO (Dallas PD) worked the game last night & he said the crowd had such energy, even before the game started.  

"Dirk Nowitzki joins a very exclusive group, becoming only the sixth player in NBA history to reach the 30,000-point plateau. Michael Jordan, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Wilt Chamberlain, Karl Malone and Kobe Bryant make up the rest of the six-man crew, with Julius Erving standing on the periphery on the strength of a combined 30,000 points between his days in both the ABA and NBA."

IMG_0980.JPGIMG_0979.JPG

IMG_0982.JPGIMG_0981.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dirk Nowitzki (Dallas Mavs): 30,000 Club!

Dirk is very cool.  His voice alone gets it for me.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The bottom right photo is Dirk w/ his German mentor, Holger Geschwinder. Instead of staying in Dallas, Dirk would go back to German every yr in the off season & re-connect with Holger to work on his shooting/technique. Holder was in the crowd last night. Just saw this news clip...showing Holger tearing up when Dirk made his shot last night.   Wow...so cool.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/839500726820810752?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5E...

Trusted Contributor

I got a little teary eyed myself sidsmom, and I wasn't even at the game.

So happy for Dirk.  Love it when good things happen to good people.

Trusted Contributor

This was my favorite Mav's game to watch besides when they won the NBA championship.  I'm so happy for Dirk.  He's a loyal, class act who deserves all the kudos he is getting for this fantasic basketball accomplishment.