Respected Contributor

Dan Wheeler always presented after the SuperBowl

For decades it was a tradition to have Dan Wheeler on after the SuperBowl with T shirts and hats for the victorious team. I would order 3-4 every year for nephews. Now it won't be the same without Dan. Plus I'm sure most of QVCs audience on the East Coast is going to watch "This is Us" and not QVC. I expect sales to decline for both reasons.  Dans knowledge of football surpassed anyone else on the Q in my opinion. Perhaps Dan Hughes can step in. I don't think Rick knows enough about football. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Dan Wheeler always presented after the SuperBowl

Eons ago didn't he broadcast from the stadium after the big game?

Frequent Contributor

Why is Dan not going to be on after the Super Bowl?   I always lived to watch his show.  What is happening on the Q???????

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Reever, you obviously don't know anyone who doesn't give a dang about football. They will be shopping! YOU have no idea as to how many will or won't be watching or shopping.  I have no interest in This Is Us and I know some people who don't watch either.

Your speculation is just plain silly.

Trusted Contributor

My wish is that Dan Wheeler is having a wonderful retirement - he deserves that.

Esteemed Contributor

I have to agree with @Love my grandkids - I have no interest in watching "This is Us" and I think it's strange to put on a show with a history that, unless you know the history, you would watch. I imagine if anyone does stay tuned, that they would be utterly confused! At any rate, people who watch Q, will watch Q or switch it on during a commercial.  Just like always.

Respected Contributor

wrote:

Why is Dan not going to be on after the Super Bowl?   I always lived to watch his show.  What is happening on the Q???????

He's recently retired.

Honored Contributor

@loves daisies Dan recently retired.

I don't think sales will drop.  The vendor will be there with the host.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

wrote:

For decades it was a tradition to have Dan Wheeler on after the SuperBowl with T shirts and hats for the victorious team. I would order 3-4 every year for nephews. Now it won't be the same without Dan. Plus I'm sure most of QVCs audience on the East Coast is going to watch "This is Us" and not QVC. I expect sales to decline for both reasons.  Dans knowledge of football surpassed anyone else on the Q in my opinion. Perhaps Dan Hughes can step in. I don't think Rick knows enough about football. 

What about presenting a sports garment requires knowledge of football?

Respected Contributor

Does anyone have the scoop who is presenting the garments at 10 ?