Respected Contributor

I am a White Sox fan, but I am happy for them.  Been a long time coming.

In the World Series starting in Cleveland on 10/25/2016.

Go Cubs!

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cubs win National League

White Sox fan here,too.  I'm in the Chicago burbs and there are fireworks going off all over my neighborhood. They really are a super team.  Remember when the Sox ripped through all the playoffs and won the series in '05? I wish my Dad could've seen that,he loved them.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

So happy for Chicago (my home town) and the Cubs.  Hope they go all the way. 

Hey Hey!   Harry is smiling down on them.  Smiley Very Happy

Regular Contributor

As a kid, my grandfather took me to a lot of Cubs games.  My father was a White Sox fan, but he took my brother, not me.  Back then, (the stone age), they were awful, but I didn't know it.  I'm with you.....Congratulations Cubbies!!Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I was also so happy to see the Cubs win tonight.  It should be a great WS with the Cubs vs Indians.  

Esteemed Contributor

Also a south sider, but am happy when either team does well (but would root for the men in black if they ever had a cross town World Series!)

That being said, not to worry anyone, but I do fear that this means that the end of days are upon us. If you think I'm joking, my electricity has mysteriously failed tonight - I live in a high rise condo with back up generators; this has never happened before! On the same day the Cubs win the National League title. Coincidence? I think not!! (I'm actually not joking - I'm sitting in the dark and all calls to the lobby are failing. I've always jokingly said it would be Armeggedon if the Cubs won the WS, but that was SUPPOSED to be a joke!)
Valued Contributor

CvbOI8XW8AAjSpB.jpg

Here are some things that didn't exist the last time the Cubs went to the World Series. It's been awhile.

Cva_JHiW8AI4r81.jpg
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Congratulations to the Cubs from another White Sox fan!

Somebody stole my newspaper this morning ... Cubs on the front page ... the Tribune just sent a replacement.   Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I live in the suburbs of Chicago and to be honest am not a huge sports fan but back in the day I loved baseball so I was over the moon when I heard the Cubs were heading to the World Series!

Here is a wonderful article about how gracious the Dodgers were after their loss:

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/dodgers-respect-cubs-touching-congratulations-message-398069461...

Go Cubbies!  Heart

Respected Contributor

Go Cubs Go! So happy for them! Love when the town is on fire with excitement - it's usually the Hawks (Let's Go Hawks!).  And how likable is coach Joe Madden? And how cute is that Kris Bryant?