Respected Contributor

Congratulations to the Milwaukee Bucks - new NBA Champions!

They worked so hard for this and have come a long way!   And if you haven't heard Giannis Antetokounmpo's story, it is an amazing and touching one and worth reading about.

From CBS Sports:

The NBA has a new champion. The Milwaukee Bucks pulled out a tough 105-98 victory over the Phoenix Suns in Game 6 on Tuesday night to win their first title in 50 years. The Bucks fell behind 2-0 in the series, but they never gave up. Instead, they dug deep and won four straight games to lay claim to the Larry O'Brien Trophy.

As he has all postseason, Giannis Antetokounmpo led the way for the Bucks in Game 6. The two-time MVP finished the game with one of the most impressive stat lines in NBA Finals history -- 50 points, 14 rebounds, and five blocks.

1. An all-time performance from Antetokounmpo 

It's not hyperbole to say that Giannis Antetokounmpo put together one of the best single-game performances ever in NBA Finals history in Game 6. His effort and efficiency were off the charts. 

Antetokounmpo became just the seventh player in NBA history to score 50-plus points in a Finals game. He also became the first player ever to record 50 points, 10 rebounds and five blocks in a playoff game, per ESPN Stats and Info

Over the last 50 years, only two players have scored at least 33 points in a half of a Finals game. Michael Jordan and Antetokounmpo. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Congratulations to the Milwaukee Bucks - new NBA Champions!

Yes, it's nice but really who cares.

The way all of sports became so political takes all the fun out of watching and appreciating their talents.

Then you have the championship apparel producer selling $35 white t-shirts, that is truly a crime.

From what I read it was 50 years since they won a Championship, how is that a celebration, it's been year after year pathetic performances.  They were going to fire the coach, the big guy was going to leave, actually the Bucks were going to pull out of Milwaukee years ago but the City built them this great arena.   

I don't know, I guess it is a Congratulations but it will be forgotten next week.  

Honored Contributor

Well, it sounds like we all need to stop watching and enjoying sports now. I will be watching football in the fall. Everyone can watch or not watch whatever they want. 

Regular Contributor

@Just Bling - WOW!! You might not enjoy sports and everything that goes with it but why rain on a whole city's parade!  It was a great accomplishment and it was good for the city.  Did you see 65,000 people outside of the arena watching on big screens?  I don't live in Milwaukee but I'm close and our town had watch parties on our square in downtown where people came out and socialized and had a great time.  I congratulate the Milwaukee Bucks on their championship.  It was a great accomplishment 50 years in the making.  It sure won't be forgotten here next week.  Have a good evening!!

It is what it is!!!
Honored Contributor

@Nannerbelles  Congratulations!!

Respected Contributor

@Nannerbelles wrote:

@Just Bling- WOW!! You might not enjoy sports and everything that goes with it but why rain on a whole city's parade!  It was a great accomplishment and it was good for the city.  Did you see 65,000 people outside of the arena watching on big screens?  I don't live in Milwaukee but I'm close and our town had watch parties on our square in downtown where people came out and socialized and had a great time.  I congratulate the Milwaukee Bucks on their championship.  It was a great accomplishment 50 years in the making.  It sure won't be forgotten here next week.  Have a good evening!!

I love sports, I had a specialized sports store years ago that I owned.  No one is raining on the parade,   These are all people that got on the bandwagon because they were winning, if I read that correctly there were playoff games earlier that weren't even sell outs.   I said "congratulations, 

Respected Contributor

It was an epic series!  Somehow I managed to stay awake each game to enjoy their journey!  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Just Bling wrote:

Yes, it's nice but really who cares.

The way all of sports became so political takes all the fun out of watching and appreciating their talents.

Then you have the championship apparel producer selling $35 white t-shirts, that is truly a crime.

From what I read it was 50 years since they won a Championship, how is that a celebration, it's been year after year pathetic performances.  They were going to fire the coach, the big guy was going to leave, actually the Bucks were going to pull out of Milwaukee years ago but the City built them this great arena.   

I don't know, I guess it is a Congratulations but it will be forgotten next week.  

@Just Bling   Wow, it puzzles me why you commented like you did. We've had so little to celebrate this last 1 1/2 years  
 Some of what you say has some truth to it, depending on the sport.

But your comments were unnecessarily and deliberately mean and rude, with some sarcasm thrown in. Fortunately you only made me feel bad for a brief moment, and I'm over it and over people like you that make these nasty comments. I don't know why you thought you had to say those things.

We are celebrating here in WI and I think it might actually last more than a week!

I do take issue with you saying it's been year after year of pathetic performances, that's just not true, but somehow I don't think that will matter to you.
And there is greed in a lot of areas of business, but you can buy those $35 white shirts on sale if you keep an eye out......

Editing to  try

to correct the font

Honored Contributor

It was a great series and I was rooting for the Bucks through it all  !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Just Bling wrote:

@Nannerbelles wrote:

@Just Bling- WOW!! You might not enjoy sports and everything that goes with it but why rain on a whole city's parade!  It was a great accomplishment and it was good for the city.  Did you see 65,000 people outside of the arena watching on big screens?  I don't live in Milwaukee but I'm close and our town had watch parties on our square in downtown where people came out and socialized and had a great time.  I congratulate the Milwaukee Bucks on their championship.  It was a great accomplishment 50 years in the making.  It sure won't be forgotten here next week.  Have a good evening!!

I love sports, I had a specialized sports store years ago that I owned.  No one is raining on the parade,   These are all people that got on the bandwagon because they were winning, if I read that correctly there were playoff games earlier that weren't even sell outs.   I said "congratulations, 

@Just Bling - ah, correction, you did rain on my parade by your degrading comments, but only briefly.  The sunshine is back out! 

By the way, just so you know, WI fans are very loyal, whether the team is a winning one or not. Go Pack!