Esteemed Contributor

Re: Congratulations Tiger Woods!

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr It looks like CBS is replaying it in it’s originally scheduled time slot. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Congratulations to Tiger. We watched it when we ate out today.

He paid a high price for his transgressions 10 years ago but paid a higher one since he’s a public figure. 

Well done Tiger.

Respected Contributor

The health problems he had .. I was afraid he might not play again ...

I am amazed at the hyper focus he has .. I need some of that in my

life ....it was a great game to watch today ....

Respected Contributor

@nevergivesup wrote:

It was a great tournament and an unbelievable comeback story. I was very disappointed in Tiger when he squandered his marriage and reputation years back. However he seems to have matured and become a better man . He stays calm when he is frustrated and shows the capacity for gratitude and humility. No more of the outbursts he was exhibiting before he blew his life up

People can change and learn from their mistakes but there will always be the “judgment choir” who won’t give an inch. That is their right but I wonder how they want to be treated when they stumble or maybe they feel they are always above reproach.

@nevergivesup, extremely well said! I totally agree with it all. Tiger said just a little while ago in a press conference that you "never give up" in life no matter what problems or set backs come your way...just like YOUR nic! 

Respected Contributor

One of the commentaters said that at a dinner a couple of years ago

Tiger himself said he didn't know if he would ever be able to play

again .....

Trusted Contributor

@Jayjay wrote:

Can't stand Tiger Woods.....

Shame on him!!!

@Jayjay  He had to make things right with his family and had a serious back injury.

I hope that you have more forgiveness for others if not for him.

Honored Contributor

Woo hoo!🎉 Watching the replay.
Honored Contributor

@nevergiveup So well said, I agree. I was disgusted by Tiger when all that happened. But he does seem to have turned his life around. 

I watched it today and I was rooting for him. I love a sports comeback. To see him with his children was very special. He obviously loves them very much. Hopefully he's a much more mature and humbled man now.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

• I was thrilled to learn he had won the Masters.  Years ago the only time I watched golf was when Tiger was playing.

He hit a very bad time in his life and handled it poorly, I was so disappointed, but then began to admire him again once I saw how hard he was trying to make things right.  Then all those injuries and surgeries ruined his game.

I watched the replay and he looked like the old Tiger he used to be.  Even though I already knew  he had won, it was still thrilling to see.  The fans went crazy, and no one was more surprised than Tiger himself!

When he hugged his son as his dad had hugged him years ago, I lost it.  Tears just came pouring down my face.  It was real life fiction, if there is such a thing.

Whether he ever wins again, what a thrill he gave us all !!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

I too congratulate him.