Trusted Contributor

Congrats to Roger Federer for Winning Another Championship

[ Edited ]

Roger Federer beat Novak Djokovic today in a great match at the Western Southern Open in Cincinnati.

It was a great match as was the semi-final on Sat. against Andy Murray.

Andy Murray, I must say, didn't show much courtesy after the match.  He barely congratulated Roger and didn't even sign autographs for fans who waited and paid to see him play.  So tacky.

At least today, Novak was gracious and a gentleman after his loss.

Roger Federer is one of the classiest (if not the most) athlete in the world.  I loved it when he went into the stands after his win to hug his wife and twin daughters (who are the spitting image of him).

Great win FED!     Can't wait for the US Open!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Congrats to Roger Federer for Winning Another Championship

Roger played some incredible tennis Sunday.  Hope he'll be around for a few more years!  Such a gentleman.  I also enjoy Novak, so I was torn as to who I wanted to see win.  I was happy either way.  As to Andy Murray....he sure does seem like a truly unhappy person.  I'm not surprised that he was rude at the end of his match.  

Frequent Contributor

My congrats to Roger as well.Awesome match by Roger

and Novak. Roger is playing awesome tennis and seems

to be enjoying himself. Congrats to Serena as well.

Simona is a very talented young lady,looking forward to

seeing more of her,really like her game.

In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves ~ Buddha ~
Respected Contributor

Roger and Novak are class acts.  Never particularly been a fan of Andy Murray.  Hopefully this makes the US Open a bit more interesting.

Honored Contributor

Thanks so much for sharing this information. I wasn't able to watch the matches this past weekend. Roger's my all-time favorite player, so I'm glad that he beat Djokavic and Murray just before the US Open. 

That's great that he went into the stands and hugged his wife and girls. I get the feeling that he really wants to share his tennis experience with his little girls.

Djokavic is such a class act. It took me a while to warm up to him because I like Roger and Rafa so much. lol, there just wasn't much room left. But Djokavic takes everything in stride and I really respect that. 

I'm sorry to hear that Murray acted surly. I had hoped that marriage would have mellowed him out a bit, but I think he really struggles to keep his emotions in check. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy