Respected Contributor

Starts tomorrow.   I'm so excited.   I love baseball, love college sports and my school, Texas Tech, made it.   

First the Basketball team played in the final game for the National Championship and now the baseball team is making it's run for the Nat. Championship.

Go Red Raiders!!

Super Contributor

Go Blue!  My Wolverines are playing your team. 

Trusted Contributor
@Bridgegal
@chips

Omg I have been thinking about you, Lovely Bridge Gal since today, Texas Tech is appearing in their FOURTH College World Series in the last six years. Your Red Raiders are on fire, my friend! Game starts here at 11 am. I will be watching!
That said...I am reading that this is the Wolverines first College World Series game in 35 YEARS so I fear they will really want this victory.
BUT...Chips, my dear, you beat UCLA in the Super Regionals to get to the College World Series. Darn!!! We were ranked Number 1 and I'm a native Californian, so my chant is....Go Texas Tech!! ❤❤❤
Respected Contributor

@MarnieRez3 

Hi!!   Thanks for your support.  It didn't turn out like we hoped today, but all is not lost thanks to double elinimation , which I hate.   But I may change my mind about that depending oh how the Red Raiders do on Monday.  

I didn't get to watch it since I have a bridge game on Saturday afternoons.   I did keep peeking at the score on my phone.  I was hoping we'd play UCLA too, but alas.

Fingers crossed on Monday.

Trusted Contributor
@Bridgegal
Sending good thoughts and fingers crossed for tomorrow!
Respected Contributor

A Spartan here, I am all in on the Wolverines!!   GO BLUE!!!  Beat TT for our vengence from the tournament!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

Though it probably will be...  ANYBODY but Vanderbilt...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

This is usually my favorite sporting event of the year, but eh, this year, for some reason, it hasn't really pulled me in... Part of it is probably me, part of it is the seeming overall lack of offense and part of it is that none of the teams has really made a believer out of me... Usually, even if my team isn't in the series, I find myself sort of partisan toward another team... This year, not so much... I was sorry to see MSU sent home last night, but they played a pretty stupid game in late innings... As things stand now, I'll be pulling for whoever is playing Vanderbilt for the duration of the series... It'd be hard to top last year's series and the much deserved win by Oregon State and the awesome (and adorable...) Adley Rutschman...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Well, they lost today so will be going home.  But, they weren't expected to be that good and they way exceded expectations.

They made it to the final four for the first time in school history and are one of only 4 schools to get to the final four in basketball and baseball in the same year EVER!!

So, good job guys!!!

Respected Contributor

GO BLUE!!! 

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it