Honored Contributor

College Football is Back!!!!!

Yeah!!! College footbll is back.  I don't watch Pro football, and none of the teams I follow are even playing this week, but I'm so happy to see it back that I'm watching games I have no particular interest in.  I guess I have to pull for Arkansas State since my uncle used to be a Dean there even though it looks like they are going to lose.  Well, that's normal for my home team too so at least I'm accustomed to it.  It'll be interesting to see what happens with my team that also has a new coach. 

Honored Contributor

Re: College Football is Back!!!!!

I don't follow either teams, but I will follow both of these to see if they can contain the percent of infection better than some of the other kinds of recent gatherings have been able to.  That's what will be the win in my book.

Respected Contributor

8B610502-E423-4F85-922A-E0FF6AB96728.jpeg

Honored Contributor

The Big 10 had a rethink and decided, "You know what? It's probably okay to play football after all." They decided that after multiple lawsuits were filed against them that would have been hard for them to defend against. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I'm glad that people, already deprived of minor league baseball, will get some minor league football.

Honored Contributor

Finally, 3 weeks in, my team gets to play, with a brand new coach too, against last year's National Champs.  But, I'm accustomed to us losing.  Guess what?  WE WON!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Finally, 3 weeks in, my team gets to play, with a brand new coach too, against last year's National Champs.  But, I'm accustomed to us losing.  Guess what?  WE WON!!!!

Your QB is a heck of a player. 600+ yards in a game is pretty impressive against LSU. They're known as "Cornerback U" but Miss. State threw for over six hundred yards against them. That's pretty impressive.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

Your QB is a heck of a player. 600+ yards in a game is pretty impressive against LSU. They're known as "Cornerback U" but Miss. State threw for over six hundred yards against them. That's pretty impressive.

Thanks @gardenman.  I know LSU lost all their major players after last year, but so did MS State.  This was a new QB for us as well as a new coach.  The only name I even recognized from last year was Hill.  Also, LSU was down their main Cornerback who got sick suddenly Friday nght. 

I really liked Dan Mullen as our coach, but I just never could warm up to Morehead after they hired him.  The team went downhill rather than getting better, even our Defense which has always been good.  One of my friends who is an AL fan agreed with me.  He was the one who gave me the lowdown on our new coach Leach and his idiosyncrasies.