Trusted Contributor

Re: CONGRATS TO THE CAPS NHL CHAMPS!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE

CAPITALS ON A FANTASTIC YEAR !!!

THEY WORKED THEIR BEHINDS OFF FOR THIS WIN.  THEY SO DESERVE IT.

Honored Contributor

Go CAPS!!!!!!!!  Rock the Red!!!!!!!!  Been wearing red all week long!  This area has gone crazy.  The crowds for the home games were incredible, but they looked equally incredible when the games were only shown on jumbo-trons!!!!!  The aerial shots of the streets looked like New York city on New Years Eve, except most everyone was dressed in red!!!!!!!!!!!  Love that Ovechkin also got the MVP award, but I thought equal credit belonged to their goalie, Holtby.  A very deserving team!!!!!  And awesome fans!!!!!!!!!!!HeartHeart

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt It wasn't me... I feel about hockey like you feel about baseball... Wouldn't walk next door to watch a match... But I am thrilled for the Caps and their fans that they finally won the cup... It's taken forever and while it's sort of a shame it didn't happen on home ice, it's still wonderful... Now, how about the Nats finally stop their underachieving ways... The real shocker is that while I'll likely never be a fan, I might actually watch the Redskins once in a while with Alex Smith in charge... I've always liked him...

Smiley Wink

@stevieb

It was a wonderful victory for the Caps!  I bet the area is bursting with happiness and the thrill of VICTORY!!! .......

Image result for cat I think i am going to faint meme

WOW-I cant believe you are going to watch the Redskins once in awhile and you like Alex Smith!!! Cat Surprised--IN SHOCK Smiley Wink

I know the fans gathered at Capital One Arena and the downtown streets surrounding it were clogged and they were just wild... It's been a long time since any of the yokels won a championship, so I'm sure the region will enjoy basking, for once, in the thrill of victory rather than the agony of defeat...  As for Alex Smith... What can I say @Spurt... Alex seems like a good guy, intelligent, well spoken, nice body and the cutest butt in the NFL... Hey, you knew there had to be a reason other than football...

Woman Wink

644114537c95891556180b01870017ff.jpg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

This RANGER FAN wishes all the Cap fans CONGRATULATIONS.  It's about time!  I'm happy for you all.

144[1].png

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

By the way, the Golden Knights deserve kudos for what they achieved in their first year!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt It wasn't me... I feel about hockey like you feel about baseball... Wouldn't walk next door to watch a match... But I am thrilled for the Caps and their fans that they finally won the cup... It's taken forever and while it's sort of a shame it didn't happen on home ice, it's still wonderful... Now, how about the Nats finally stop their underachieving ways... The real shocker is that while I'll likely never be a fan, I might actually watch the Redskins once in a while with Alex Smith in charge... I've always liked him...

Smiley Wink

@stevieb

It was a wonderful victory for the Caps!  I bet the area is bursting with happiness and the thrill of VICTORY!!! .......

Image result for cat I think i am going to faint meme

WOW-I cant believe you are going to watch the Redskins once in awhile and you like Alex Smith!!! Cat Surprised--IN SHOCK Smiley Wink

I know the fans gathered at Capital One Arena and the downtown streets surrounding it were clogged and they were just wild... It's been a long time since any of the yokels won a championship, so I'm sure the region will enjoy basking, for once, in the thrill of victory rather than the agony of defeat...  As for Alex Smith... What can I say @Spurt... Alex seems like a good guy, intelligent, well spoken, nice body and the cutest butt in the NFL... Hey, you knew there had to be a reason other than football...

Woman Wink

644114537c95891556180b01870017ff.jpg

@stevieb

As Meghan Trainor sang, "Its All About That Bass" Smiley Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

The celebrations all weekend and yesterday's parade were out of control (only 2 bombs that needed to be bleeped for TV).  Stanley Cup's twitter wrote simply, "Best. Weekend. Ever."

I think the Conn Smythe could have gone to either Ovi, Holtbeast (that save!), or Kuzy (scored the OT goal that sent the Pengwhines packing).

The media keeps reporting this was DC's first championship since the R*dsk*ns in early 1992, but DC United won 4 MLS cups after that.

Now I wonder if there will be a WH visit - DSP has already said he has no interest in going.  Most of the team isn't American anyway, so maybe not as big a furor?

Valued Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

By the way, the Golden Knights deserve kudos for what they achieved in their first year!!!!!!!!!!

The Caps took out a full page ad in the Vegas paper congratulating them too.

Respected Contributor

Congrats to the Caps!!  Happy for Ovie and Trotzie!!

To everyone posting on this thread, we have a season long NHL thread hosted by @dmod nj, come back in October and share this enthusiasm all season long!!!

LGRW !!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it