Honored Contributor

CONGRATS TO THE CAPS NHL CHAMPS!

The DC curse is broken the CAPS ARE THE NHL CHAMPIONS!!! 

Now my Redskins need to follow their lead and win the Super Bowl...........HTTR!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: CONGRATS TO THE CAPS NHL CHAMPS!

@stevieb

So are you all caught up in the Caps being NHL champions....I thought I spotted a well dressed fan leading with her handbag in the crowd celebrating....was that you? Smiley Wink 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wasn't ready for the series to end. I want more games!!

Was rooting for the Warriors, but congrats to the Caps fans.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@yellowrose wrote:

I wasn't ready for the series to end. I want more games!!

Was rooting for the Warriors, but congrats to the Caps fans.

@yellowrose

I don't really watch much hockey but started watching this series and got hooked, it was exciting and fun!!!  Glad the Caps won!

Are you sure you want to cheer for the Warriors, afterall Kevin Durant is a die hard Redskin fan... Smiley Wink 

We miss you on the NFL topic.....

Trusted Contributor

Congrats to the Caps and to all of their fans. A well deserved and hard fought win.

@Spurt Philly fans know what it is like to be "cursed". I am still riding the high of the Eagles Super Bowl win. Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

We are thrilled beyond measure!

This area has been dry for victory for decades -- what a terrific antidote to loss this is!  Buildings are being lit up in Caps Red. 

Congrats to Ted Leonsis for being a stand-up owner and to a team that never gave up.  I'm soooo happy for Alex Ovechkin, in particular.  After 13 years, sweet victory!  

Honored Contributor

@Spurt It wasn't me... I feel about hockey like you feel about baseball... Wouldn't walk next door to watch a match... But I am thrilled for the Caps and their fans that they finally won the cup... It's taken forever and while it's sort of a shame it didn't happen on home ice, it's still wonderful... Now, how about the Nats finally stop their underachieving ways... The real shocker is that while I'll likely never be a fan, I might actually watch the Redskins once in a while with Alex Smith in charge... I've always liked him...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt   LOL, I'm getting my teams mixed up. I meant to say I was rooting

for Vegas - what is the team called....Knights?

No, I'm not rooting for the Warriors, although Kevin Durant shooting those 3's

is a sight to see.  I'm rooting for the Cav's only because I don't want these games

to end either.  

Enjoy your victory CAPS!!

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt It wasn't me... I feel about hockey like you feel about baseball... Wouldn't walk next door to watch a match... But I am thrilled for the Caps and their fans that they finally won the cup... It's taken forever and while it's sort of a shame it didn't happen on home ice, it's still wonderful... Now, how about the Nats finally stop their underachieving ways... The real shocker is that while I'll likely never be a fan, I might actually watch the Redskins once in a while with Alex Smith in charge... I've always liked him...

Smiley Wink

@stevieb

It was a wonderful victory for the Caps!  I bet the area is bursting with happiness and the thrill of VICTORY!!! .......

Image result for cat I think i am going to faint meme

WOW-I cant believe you are going to watch the Redskins once in awhile and you like Alex Smith!!! Cat Surprised--IN SHOCK Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

GO CAPS!  Absolutely wonderful and what a thrilling game last night.  Still can't believe they allowed the goal with the player in the net behind Holtby -    just plain wrong - although the referees didn't agree with me.

@golding76  What a wonderful post!  I heard Ted Leonsis on the radio this morning and he's thrilled for the fans!!  He is thrilled for Alex and Nicki Backstrom.  He is a great owner - we are lucky in that regard.

This solves the birthday present dilema for husband.  Birthday next month.  He's been a real fan for more than 30 years.  We had season tickets way back when when Rod Langway, Bent Gustafson and Mike Gartner were playing.  He is truly walking on air today.  Anyway, Caps Stanley Cup gear is coming his way for his 69th!  (How did that happen? Seems like we were just 35.)