@sann wrote:

National Disgrace.

Amen

Respected Contributor

@sann wrote:

National Disgrace.

@sann  Amen!

Esteemed Contributor

As Americans we are entitled to our opinions.  However, when you are part of a team and making millions of dollars because of yiur Gid given talent, you are expected to act as a responsible member of that team.

Regardless of his personal feelings, he should have acted with respect for our flag and all that it represents.  He chose to disrespect our flag instead.  And, he has yet to man up and accept responsibility for his actions!!!

No, I would not support any team that would hire such a self-absorbed person.  It is not all about him!!!  As young athletes learn early on, there is no "I" in team.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate

Honored Contributor

Nasty and hateful thread!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

I adore his passion.

Amazing how he worked w/ Army Green Beret Nate Boyer....

someone from our military to encouraged the kneeling

for a cause.

Colin was an amazing FB player...but his heart & passion

is needed for more important things to better our society.

He really Walks the Talk. 
Not many can say that.

Honored Contributor

I don't agree that this is a hateful thread.  In football, it's about performance and that's the bottom line, whatever else happened.

He was offered a contract by the Denver Broncos in 2016 for $7 million per season over two seasons and he turned it down.  If you look at his stats, it was a good offer.

The fact that he left 25 NFL team representatives in the lurch at the recent scheduled tryout, is down to him.  He expected them all to just follow him to a venue an hour away?

I don't wish him ill, but I don't think he can blame all his problems on the NFL either.  I'm sure he'll find a different path for the future.

Anyway, that's my last word on the subject.  We all have to deal with the consequences of our own actions.  I love the line from Gordon Lightfoot's song "Carefree Highway".

" Now the thing that I call livin' is just bein' satisfied
With knowin' I got no one left to blame."

Or as Willie Nelson put it:  "You'll never get ahead by blaming your problems on other people."  Well said, Willie.

Honored Contributor

If this thread was concerning his performance then you could have fooled me! His personal beliefs are what the response are relating to, nothing about football!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

If this thread was concerning his performance then you could have fooled me! His personal beliefs are what the response are relating to, nothing about football!

The problem, at least in part, is that he let his purported personal beliefs supersede the job he was hired to do, which was to play football.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I have a list of national disgraces way ahead of Kaepernick.