Honored Contributor
Respect is defined as:
a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something
elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.

Sorry....no one can tell me what/who I should admire. 
It doesn't work that way. 

Valued Contributor

He doesn't get to stand behind the freedom of speech right when he clearly disrespects this country's flag, military and the country itself.  If he doesn't like it, get out.

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Honored Contributor

@Jayhawk Girl wrote:

He doesn't get to stand behind the freedom of speech right when he clearly disrespects this country's flag, military and the country itself.  If he doesn't like it, get out.

He doesn't have to get out @Jayhawk Girl! He is a U S citizen who has the right to express his feelings! Active duty as well as Veterans have stated their support of CK. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@Jayhawk Girl wrote:

@Jayhawk Girl 

Someone from the Military TOLD him to kneel...no 'disrespect'.

What are you talking about?

Valued Contributor

@sidsmom @JaneMarple , I am also a U.S. citizen and it's my right to express my opinion. When CK expressed his opinion, as is his right, in my opinion, he made his feelings known on how he feels about this country.  It's simple, if he doesn't like it here, leave.

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Honored Contributor

@Jayhawk Girl wrote:

@sidsmom @JaneMarple , I am also a U.S. citizen and it's my right to express my opinion. When CK expressed his opinion, as is his right, in my opinion, he made his feelings known on how he feels about this country.  It's simple, if he doesn't like it here, leave.

That's unfortunate that sentiment is also about someone who served in our military.   Wow

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom 

Well said!

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Re: COLIN KAEPERNICK

[ Edited ]

@Jayhawk Girl wrote:

This is his country just as much as it's your and mine @Jayhawk Girl  As I stated before he doesn't have to leave, this isn't communist China where it's forbidden to speak against the government! You don't like how he expresses himself? TOO BAD!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Jayhawk Girl wrote:

This is his country just as much as it's your and mine @Jayhawk Girl  As I stated before he doesn't have to leave, this isn't communist China where it's forbidden to speak against the government! You don't like how he expresses himself? TOO BAD!

ITA.

It's rather crazy to just make up stuff about people.

CK, nor Nate Boyer, has ever said they don't like this country.

I mean...that's crazy talk.