Honored Contributor

Got back from Safeway just in time to see most of the interview with Brian Boitano!! Loved seeing him and hearing what he had to say. Always followed him and years ago he had a show on HGTV in which he remodeled a family owned home in Italy. It was wonderful to see him interact with his family and see how he designed the home.

I loved his skating. It was both athletic and lyrical. And he always chose wonderful music.

Respected Contributor

I adored his skating and his fun  Food Network cooking show too!

Trusted Contributor

I always like him, too! Maybe the interview will be replayed...hope so!

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ Yes! He always seemed to be having so much fun, no matter what he did. Sure miss him.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids,

I'll try to find this!

I just posted the ther day that I rewatched his gold medal performance and thought he skated so beautifully and so intune to the music more than any skater I've ever seen. Even his jumps were exclamation marks to the music. I also rewatched his skate to Music of the Night-so beautiful.

Thank you for posting about this.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay Is this on you tube? I still remember that performance and that blue and gold military still costume he wore with such drama and elegance.

Honored Contributor

I have always enjoyed seeing him skating, cooking and in interviews.  He seems like someone who really relates well to people and enjoys what he does.

I have his cookbook.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids,

Yes it is! And so is his Music of the NIght. I also watched Johnny Weir from almost 20 years ago. He was a beautiful skater too.

You may get lost in You Tube like I did!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay That often happens to me! I love some older music videos like The Beach Boys, The Chieftans and the Irish Rovers, lots of stuff.

I guess skating will be next. Thanks for the info!

Honored Contributor

Re: Brian Boitano!

[ Edited ]

@on the bay Just watched the performance I've been remembering: It was his gold medal performance at the 1988 Worlds in which he started the program skating to the French National Anthem and portrayed a soldier in Napoleon's army. Still a stirring performance and seeing his joy at the end -- wonderful!