Respected Contributor

Not sure if this was national news yesterday or just local.   Former Cleveland Browns quarterback Bernie Kosar announced he needs a liver transplant and has Parkinson's .

Interestingly he was on the local news about a month ago and I remarked he never looked so good.   He says he has been following a healthy lifestyle since his diagnosis. 

Valued Contributor

I don't know if it was announced on national news but I live in the area so it was big news.  I wish him well.

Esteemed Contributor

Aww that's too bad.  He played at a time when the Browns had a very exciting and talented football team.  He was so handsome too! Hope it all works out for him.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

Healthy lifestyle after his diagnosis? Just wow.

Is he stll with Tammy Longaberger?

Honored Contributor

I don't understand "had" Parkinson.  I don't think you get over it.

Too bad about the transplant.  I remember seeing him play.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Travone 

Some with Parkinson's can live a very long life with hardly any indication of the decision for a good bit of it.  My husband's law partner had it for over 30 years and started showing symptoms the last 10 years.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

@Travone 

I remember him too.  I sure am sorry he's been diagnosed with these terrible illnesses.  Hopefully, they'll find a match for him.  Having Parkinson's, I wonder if that will hinder them wanting to do the transplant?

Years ago, my uncle needed a kidney transplant.  Luckily, he was able to get it, but it was almost by chance that it happened.  He had uncontrolled diabetes, along with some other health problems.  

Respected Contributor

@cheriere wrote:

@Travone 

I remember him too.  I sure am sorry he's been diagnosed with these terrible illnesses.  Hopefully, they'll find a match for him.  Having Parkinson's, I wonder if that will hinder them wanting to do the transplant?

@cheriere they did say in the story that the liver transplant would be determined by the Parkinson's.   He's been working with Dr. Rozien (from the Oprah show) at the Cleveland clinic to try to reduce the damage to the liver.  They talked about black coffee helping the liver.  Since I'm in the Cleveland area, I'm sure the media will be following his progress. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Travone 

Thank you for letting me know.  I truly hope he's able to get the transplant.❤️

Funny thing, I've seen that a lot of times now, drs are also advising cancer patients to take very high doses of caffeinated drinks with their medications and treatment.  I think it's supposed to help the meds get into the system better.❤️