Respected Contributor

Holy Batman...Astros woke up...  what a series so far!

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I confess I've never been a baseball fan, but they are playing the Word Series and I don't hear anyone talking about it. Is it the teams , or are there not as many baseball fans anymore. Is anyone here watching the game ?  I'm just curious. 

@QVCkitty1 - There is at least one other thread about the World Series. In our home we have a stalwart Phillies fan! DH grew up a Pirates fan. I had always been a huge Orioles fan - until the baseball strike. Now I don't follow it as much. At one time we had season tickets. 

Respected Contributor

All the cheating that goes on in this sport has turned me off so I haven't watched in quite some time and I find it distasteful that the Astros are even allowed to participate considering they were caught cheating just a few years ago. 

Honored Contributor

We had Phillies season tickets for 25+ years. We eventually gave up our tickets. But it was such a fun ride. We went to All Star Games twice in Philadelphia, once in Boston and once in Cleveland.

When the Phillies were playing away we went to Camden Yards or Montreal to watch the Expos.

Went to playoffs games and World Series games. We haven't gone to any games this series but we are watching and cheering the Phillies. It is so good to see so many people wearing Phillies gear when you are out and about. 

Respected Contributor

@drizzellla Did the Phillys always have red uniforms?

Honored Contributor

@granddi wrote:

@drizzellla Did the Phillys always have red uniforms?

The year the Phillies had their first season at the Vet in 1971(their previous stadium) the Phillies had a maroon uniform. 

The uniform looked like this. You will see a few jerseys that look like that on the fans. It is called "The Retro" uniform.

I think I read that the Phillies will be wearing the blue/maroon uniform for game 5.

The Phillies have tried all kinds of colors and styles for their uniforms. One solid cream background, gray background for road trips but the most common is red pin stripped for home games.