Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,964
Registered: ‎10-04-2011

Baseball talk 2024 season, spoilers, scores, all are welcome!

Welcome to Opening Day, 2024!   
 
Please join in discussing, cheering, and complaining about your favorite team!  
 
Let's enjoy the season together. Post about your favorite team and their season. Join in as much or little as you would like.

All are welcome. Thank you for being respectful of posters' comments regarding their teams.

Here is to a fun, competitive, injury free season and playing in the post season. *shaking hands*
 
Good luck to all our favorite teams!  
 
You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,964
Registered: ‎10-04-2011

Re: Baseball talk 2024 season, spoilers, scores, all are welcome!

Okay fans, no live links.  I learned what that was today. 

 

We're back........so join in! 

 

Yankees lost their home opener yesterday. Offense has disappeared.   

Tonight, Schmidt is the Yankees starter. 

 

www dot mlb.com/yankees/news/earthquake-shakes-yankee-stadium-before-game

 

@Beth-QVC did I link this  correctly and acceptably. *fingers crossed*  Smiley Happy 

 

Clapping for our teams playing today and a win! 

 

 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 41,472
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Baseball talk 2024 season, spoilers, scores, all are welcome!

back in business @dmod nj ! Smiley Very Happy

your "non-live" link is good!

thanks for restarting the thread.

 

orioles magic.jpg

 

i am already enjoying our season so far! lots of runs, an exciting win in the bottom of the 9th the other night, and we played in some sleet and snow in pittsburgh! hoping the orioles have a successful season in the tough AL EAST.

 

good luck to everyone and their teams! #baseball2024

********************************************
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,346
Registered: ‎04-30-2012

Re: Baseball talk 2024 season, spoilers, scores, all are welcome!

What happened to the original season starting post ?  Oh well ! I mentioned I would be keeping up with the Cardinals for my late mom who called them " my boys "  She hardly missed a game while she was in a nursing home but Covid took her from us in 2020 so I will try my best to keep her memory alive by posting about her team and hopefully they will have a better season this year.

The Cardinals have several new young players this season. They were bad last year and ended the season at the bottom, not like one of the best teams in baseball ! 

Opening day at home here was Thursday 4/4 against the Marlins and I'm happy to say they won the series which ended today 4/6 with a score of 5-4.

Ok keep up the good work Cardinals ! My mom is watching from Heaven !  

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,342
Registered: ‎06-27-2010

Re: Baseball talk 2024 season, spoilers, scores, all are welcome!

Photo I took from the upper deck before the opening day game yesterday.  

 

20240405_122907.jpeg

Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,783
Registered: ‎05-13-2010

Re: Baseball talk 2024 season, spoilers, scores, all are welcome!

The Cleveland Guardians formerly the Tribe/Indians have been killing it so far for their season.  Most of their games is not all have been away, They haven't even had their opening day at home yet.

 

Go Guardians!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,962
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Baseball talk 2024 season, spoilers, scores, all are welcome!

First time joining any of the baseball threads here. 

I am HUGE Atlanta Braves fan.  They are so much fun to watch.  Two come from behind wins in the last two games.


Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,964
Registered: ‎10-04-2011

Re: Baseball talk 2024 season, spoilers, scores, all are welcome!


@sunshine45 wrote:

back in business @dmod nj ! Smiley Very Happy

your "non-live" link is good!

thanks for restarting the thread.

 

orioles magic.jpg

 

i am already enjoying our season so far! lots of runs, an exciting win in the bottom of the 9th the other night, and we played in some sleet and snow in pittsburgh! hoping the orioles have a successful season in the tough AL EAST.

 

good luck to everyone and their teams! #baseball2024


@sunshine45 so good to see you here, especially so happy about the season!   Lots of good stuff going on in O country!   I'm so happy for you. Smiley Happy  

The AL East is tough, you are so right!   Shaking hands to a great, competitive season.   Don't be a stranger! Smiley Happy

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,964
Registered: ‎10-04-2011

Re: Baseball talk 2024 season, spoilers, scores, all are welcome!


@Goodie2shoes wrote:

What happened to the original season starting post ?  Oh well ! I mentioned I would be keeping up with the Cardinals for my late mom who called them " my boys "  She hardly missed a game while she was in a nursing home but Covid took her from us in 2020 so I will try my best to keep her memory alive by posting about her team and hopefully they will have a better season this year.

The Cardinals have several new young players this season. They were bad last year and ended the season at the bottom, not like one of the best teams in baseball ! 

Opening day at home here was Thursday 4/4 against the Marlins and I'm happy to say they won the series which ended today 4/6 with a score of 5-4.

Ok keep up the good work Cardinals ! My mom is watching from Heaven !  


@Goodie2shoes good to see you back. I posted something called a live link and the thread was deleted.   So, I started a new one in the hopes I don't make that mistake again. lol   I learned something new about links, so that was a good thing.   I'm not great on the computer, but so many here, including the moderator, Beth, helped me out. 

Good luck tonight as your boys take on the Phillies!  

 

Good luck @drizzellla  and @MziMac  as your boys take on the Cards.  

 

 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,964
Registered: ‎10-04-2011

Re: Baseball talk 2024 season, spoilers, scores, all are welcome!


@Tori3569 wrote:

Photo I took from the upper deck before the opening day game yesterday.  

 

20240405_122907.jpeg


Hi @Tori3569  welcome. Smiley Happy Thanks so much for sharing that picture.  It's just beautiful!   What a field!  Do you have season tickets?   

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.