Honored Contributor

Re: Baseball talk, 2023 season, spoilers, scores, all are welcome!

My loved one has been sprung! LOL 

I'm so very tired and need a day or two sleep. 

Good luck to all our teams. 

Yankees begin a series with the Dodgers.   They are LATE games, so I'm not sure how much I'll see. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Valued Contributor

@dmod nj I'm so glad to hear that!!! Been thinking of you and yours.

So my Twins finally got Royce Lewis back from back to back injuries and he came out just swinging! Their starting to pick up things so that's good. But I hate it when I have to watch them on Apple TV. Their announcers are like wet toast. Woman Tongue

I told Mr Red I could do so much better, he said for the minute they would let you on the air before they pulled the plug for your "colorful" language. He can always tell if its a good game by how loud I'm yelling. Whatever Woman Wink But I don't think that it is entirely my fault because I wouldn't have to yell if they WOULD JUST LISTEN TO ME! Woman LOL 

This sota girl says pop, duck, duck, gray duck and loves tater tot hotdish
Esteemed Contributor

@dmod nj  Thanks for the good news!  White Sox are up and down, mostly down.  So much talent, hard to figure what's wrong.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, 

Yankees won last night. Tonight's rubber game is on ESPN, 7:00 eastern.   

@redhead handbag queen  I would swear we are related. lol  I complain about the "other" announcers, as well.    I, too, use "colorful" language.....which prevents me from being hired. LOL   

@MoJoV thanks so much for your kindness. Heart

Good luck to all our teams! 

I hope to get here more often this week. Life is returning to "normal"...........or as normal as we get in my family. lol lol 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

So Royce Lewis had a horrible injury in Sunday's game, he was running to first and went over the first baseman from Cleveland and landed on his head and neck. Hope he has a quick recovery.

@dmod nj So we must be tag teaming the hospital thing, spent last night in the ER as Mr Red has cellulitis in his foot. got put on IV and a ton of more antibiotics. But here is the funny part

So we get there and Mr Red is wearing a joke tshirt that has a huge blood spot on the side and says across the front "I'm Fine". You should have seen them respond.They started coming to the door as they could see us walking in and one ran to get a wheelchair. Mr Red starts explaining why he is there and one of the nurses asks what is the blood from. "Oh it's a joke shirt. They all start to laugh, we got brought right back and everyone in the ER kept coming to see his tshirt. Then they all went on Amazon to order it.

Now I asked before we left if he thinks he should wear that, I think I should have pressed a little harder for him the change it. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@redhead handbag queen  oh no! I'm sorry to hear about mr. redhead. Will he have to stay a while, or is he home with you?   I wish him a speedy recovery.

LOL  LOL  That shirt is funny! I can only imagine their reactions. LOL   

I saw that video clip of him landing very awkwardly.   I literally gasped. 

My gf, who is on twitter, sent me this.....
"Royce Lewis is fine, just shaken up with some abrasions, Rocco said. No acute concerns and no concussion."   

This was as of yesterday, late afternoon.  I hope he continues to be okay.  Scary! 

Yankees won their Dodgers series and are back on the east coast. 

Tomorrow, the Yankees start a three game series against the White Sox in the Bronx.  

Shaking hands with @SoX  and @MoJoV 

I was thrilled to read about Liam Hendriks' win the other day!!  

Another Yankees pitcher on the IR....of course. They are dropping  like flies!   

Good luck to all our teams! Smiley Happy  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dmod nj wrote:

@redhead handbag queen  oh no! I'm sorry to hear about mr. redhead. Will he have to stay a while, or is he home with you?   I wish him a speedy recovery.

LOL  LOL  That shirt is funny! I can only imagine their reactions. LOL   

I saw that video clip of him landing very awkwardly.   I literally gasped. 

My gf, who is on twitter, sent me this.....
"Royce Lewis is fine, just shaken up with some abrasions, Rocco said. No acute concerns and no concussion."   

This was as of yesterday, late afternoon.  I hope he continues to be okay.  Scary! 

Yankees won their Dodgers series and are back on the east coast. 

Tomorrow, the Yankees start a three game series against the White Sox in the Bronx.  

Shaking hands with @SoX  and @MoJoV 

I was thrilled to read about Liam Hendriks' win the other day!!  

Another Yankees pitcher on the IR....of course. They are dropping  like flies!   

Good luck to all our teams! Smiley Happy  

Mr Red came home the same day, only 4 hours in the ER. He is on a ton of antibiotics though. 

That fall/dive that Royce took was horrid, I kept seeing it when I was trying to fall asleep, kinda like when Josh Naylor broke his leg last year (?). 

So my guys split the series with the Guardians and tonight we play in Tampa. Believe it or not literally have nothing to say about it. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Hi baseball fans. We've noticed our Brewers seem to have more enthusiasm - could be because they called up some young players from the minors. I think we rank 4th in the NL but the AL is so much better overall.

Honored Contributor

@redhead handbag queen   happy mr red is home.   Take good care of him. Smiley Happy   I hope he is a cooperative patient. If not, let me know.  I'll "chat" with him. lol Smiley Wink 

@AuntG Hi, Smiley Happy  good for the Brewers! Some young blood and competition goes a long way! So good to see you. Smiley Happy

Yankees game is posponed until tomorrow due to the air quality strangling the northeast.  

It will be a double-header.

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/news/yankees-white-sox-game-postponed-on-june-7-2023

Good luck to all our teams. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I think the game tonight between my White Sox and @dmod nj  Yankees may be postponed because of the Canadian fires.  It looked terrible.  But we did win last night.  

I like Rizzo on the Yankees, he was here in Chicago (Cubs) for a few years.  He's a good player and a good human being!  He did lots of important charity work here.  I wish him luck, just not against the Sox.😊

Trees are the lungs of the Earth