Honored Contributor

Re: Baseball talk, 2023 season, spoilers, scores, all are welcome!

Hi everyone, 

Still dealing with a family member in the hospital. I hope you're all well. 

Yankees are no longer in last place.   They are 6 games behind the 1st place Rays.  

They begin a three game series with the second place O's tonight.  Cole is on the mound tonight.  That gives the Yankees a chance for a win. Still so many of my boys on the IL. 

@sunshine45  shaking hands with you. Smiley Happy 

@redwingsgal  your boyfriend did well! Smiley Happy

https://www.mlb.com/mets/news/justin-verlander-logs-8-strong-frames-in-nightcap-win

Good luck to all our teams.   

How has your team been doing? Are you tearing out your hair or dancing with joy? 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

@dmod nj  I hope your family member is home soon, hospitals are pretty miserable places to be. But when you need them you need them.  Glad your Yankees are out of the cellar.  My White Sox are doing better and I hope they continue.  Hopefully Liam will be back soon, can't wait. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, 

Still busy spending long hours at the hospital.  

@MoJoV thank you for the kind words.  You stated my feelings perfectly.  I'm pleased to hear your boys are doing better.   I wish them continued good luck. Smiley Happy 

Yankees were ahead when I last checked the score. This is what I woke up to.....

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/news/nestor-cortes-yankees-bullpen-allow-big-orioles-rally

Congrats @sunshine45  on the win! Smiley Happy 

They are back at it tonight with Schmidt on the mound for the Yankees. 

Good luck to all our teams! 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

The Mariners are as useless as t*ts on a warthog. yes, right now they're winning percentage in .510; that means there's just one team (Oakland) that's even worse than them.

I've been suffering through this team's mediocrity for 30+ years and have lost all hope. And I get irritated listening to the suits making all kinds of excuses for them.

Tell it like it is: THEY'RE BAD!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

How has your team been doing? Are you tearing out your hair or dancing with joy? 

I'm awash in disgust.

Honored Contributor

Good morning, Smiley Happy

Still back and forth to the hospital.  I'm catching as much of the news and games as I can. It's a way to relax after a LONG day. 

@GoneButNotForgotten   I'm so sorry your team, and it's managment, are  not putting out a team you and their fans can get behind.  It must be so very frustrating for all of you.  Smiley Sad  You are welcome to vent here anytime. We all do, when our team frustrates us. Heart

Congrats to @sunshine45  on the series win.  Your team is a pleasure to watch.  I really like your young catcher.  He's a cutie pie. 

The Padres are in town to play the Yankees. The Padres  won last night, 5-1.  Today, Sevy is on the mound for the Yankees. Fingers crossed it goes better than yesterday.  

Honored Contributor

I'm a die hard NY Mets fan but I find myself feeling so badly for the Oakland Athletics. They have only won 10 games and they lost again today, I'm rooting for them to get out of their hole. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple  ita!   Big series coming for the Mets vs Phillies. Let's go Mets! 

@SoX  @MoJoV  https://www.mlb.com/news/liam-hendriks-returns-to-white-sox-after-cancer-battle

I wish him all the luck in the world! 

Yankees are on the west coast this week. First game is against the M's. 

Shaking hands with @GoneButNotForgotten 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dmod nj 

We watched Ian come to the mound...really great to see him. The crowd went nuts.  I wish I could've been there.  He didn't do real bad, he'll get better.  

Hope your Yankees do well out west.💪

Hopefully your relative is home, out of the hospital.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

My Tigers are holding their own, currently 2 games behind the Twinkies.  Our w/l percentage sucks, but it is good for second in our weak division!

@dmod nj , my prayers are with you and your family while you deal with the loved one in the hospital

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it