Respected Contributor

Re: Baseball talk, 2022 season, all are welcome

I am finally back from vacay to God's Country and that little bout of a stomach whatever it was...NOT GOOD

My team sucks-going for worst record, I guess.  

Glad you are enjoying your LDB, @dmod nj 

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@MrsSB 

I cried happy tears for the boys, too.  The smiles on their faces said it all.  It was awesome to see the welcome when they came home.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal  hope you're feeling better now. Heart  Was the stomach issues related to your vacation?  I sure hope not. Smiley Sad

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Don't seem to see much comment about the competition now heating up for first place in the National League----Atlanta Braves (last year's World Series champs) are now ahead of the Mets.

Braves have some outstanding rookies in Grissom and  Harris, plus pitcher Strider,  and heavy hitters Austin Riley, Densby Swanson, Matt Olson, Acuna and others.

Go BRAVES!!

Honored Contributor

Yes, the Mets have fallen out of first place and the Yankees, with a weekend series against the Rays, are threatening to do the same.  Dark times in the Big Apple.

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

Don't seem to see much comment about the competition now heating up for first place in the National League----Atlanta Braves (last year's national champions) are now ahead of the Mets.

Braves have some outstanding rookies in Grissom and  Harris, plus pitcher Strider,  and heavy hitters Austin Riley, Densby Swanson, Matt Olson, Acuna and others.

Go BRAVES!!

@novamc1   Thanks for the info about the Braves.  I haven't followed their players making contributions. I thought I heard you cheering them on the other day. Smiley Wink  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Yes, the Mets have fallen out of first place and the Yankees, with a weekend series against the Rays, are threatening to do the same.  Dark times in the Big Apple.

@ValuSkr  DARK, DARK times!  Oy vey!   Some days I can't watch.........

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, 

I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!  LOL 

We've had family here, in and out, for about a month. It was FABULOUS!!   

Everyone is home safely and life is getting back to normal in this house. 

The Yankees are giving more grey hair than I already have.  OMG! They are awful.  

Today, as I catch up here, they are winning. We'll see if they can hold on. 

I hope your team has been making you MUCH happier than I've been. 

I hope you're all doing well and healthy. 

Honored Contributor

Yankees have the day off.  Tomorrow,  they face the Red Sox in Boston.  

Shaking hands with @Greeneyedlady21  and the other Soxettes.  

Good luck to all our teams. 

Is anyone happy with the direction their team is going?  I know I'm not a happy camper. 

Honored Contributor

@dmod nj Well obviously I haven't been happy with the direction for pretty much the entire season. I don't watch their games, didn't even know they were playing the Yankees.

I was watching the US Open tennis, really enjoyed it this year 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"