Respected Contributor

Re: Baseball talk, 2022 season, all are welcome

@dmod nj wrote:

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2022/04/yankees-greg-birds-fire-is-back-and-so-is-something-even-more-imp...

Thank you for sharing this article, @dmod nj.  I always liked Bird.  Glad to know that he is doing well.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Respected Contributor

Well, we are not able to hit the ball in Minnesota, so it is not looking good!  After that debacle on Tues, smh

Good Luck to everyone's teams!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

You're welcome, @jbinrwc  Smiley Happy

The Yankees have won 5 in a row. Their offense seems to be clicking better than earlier in the young season.   

I really like Joey Gallo, and I'm happy he is starting to hit.

Timmy Locastro is FAST!  Add another stolen base to his stats! 

Today's game is at 1:00 eastern. Taillon is the starter.  

Tomorrow, the Yankees are in KC for a three game series with the Royals.   *shaking hands with  @DrBabs   I will be able to listen to some of the games, but I won't be near my computer to post here on Saturday and Sunday.   So, I hope both our teams play well and it's a good series. Smiley Happy  

https://nypost.com/2022/04/27/mets-pete-alonso-enraged-by-bench-clearing-cardinals-brawl/?utm_medium...

Good luck to all our teams! Smiley Happy 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Super Contributor

@dmod nj  I hope the KC-NY series will be "lively!"

Joey Gallo was a good player when he was with the Rangers. A power hitter for sure. When he's on a streak he's fun to watch.

Honored Contributor

@DrBabs wrote:

@dmod nj  I hope the KC-NY series will be "lively!"

Joey Gallo was a good player when he was with the Rangers. A power hitter for sure. When he's on a streak he's fun to watch.

I hope so!! I hope they both play their best. A close game is fun to watch.  

I hope he gets on a streak.  He's been striking out mostly.  Only in the last few games has he been hitting a bit more. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Yankees are in KC all weekend.  @DrBabs   will the weather cooperate to get the games in?   *shaking hands*  I hope both our teams are playing their best baseball! Smiley Happy 

Cortes and Bubic are the starters. 

Tonight's game is free on Apple TV. 

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/news/how-to-watch-yankees-royals-on-apple-tv-april-29-2022

Saturday's starter is Cole. Sunday's starter is Sevy. 

Good luck to all our teams. Smiley Happy 

I'll be away from my laptop all weekend.  No, I don't use my phone. I know, I know, I'll eventually be dragged into this century. LOL LOL  Anyway,  please post about your team .   I'll catch up late Sunday night/Monday morning when I am near my laptop again. 

Honored Contributor

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/04/trevor-bauer-dodgers-324-game-suspension-two-seasons-mlb.html...

Super Contributor

@dmod nj  Hope the weather will cooperate but spring thunderstorms are always lurking.

Respected Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

Yankees are in KC all weekend.  @DrBabs   will the weather cooperate to get the games in?   *shaking hands*  I hope both our teams are playing their best baseball! Smiley Happy 

Cortes and Bubic are the starters. 

Tonight's game is free on Apple TV. 

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/news/how-to-watch-yankees-royals-on-apple-tv-april-29-2022

Saturday's starter is Cole. Sunday's starter is Sevy. 

Good luck to all our teams. Smiley Happy 

I'll be away from my laptop all weekend.  No, I don't use my phone. I know, I know, I'll eventually be dragged into this century. LOL LOL  Anyway,  please post about your team .   I'll catch up late Sunday night/Monday morning when I am near my laptop again. 

@dmod nj , hope you ar having a wonderful weekend.  Sure you will be happy to see Yankees weekend results (through Saturday) when you get home to your laptop.  Let's hope for a good Sunday.

Go Yankees!

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Valued Contributor

Only in baseball (and the begining of the season) can you go from last to first in a week. On the upside when my Wild are done I'll have my Twins back on track. Fingers crossed, knock on wood (and anything else ya got) Woman LOL Woman LOL

This sota girl says pop, duck, duck, gray duck and loves tater tot hotdish