Super Contributor

Re: Baseball talk, 2022 season, all are welcome

@dmod nj   Royals won! We've got some exciting new playeres (i.e., Bobby Witt Jr) who are going to have fun/make it fun this year.

Honored Contributor

@DrBabs wrote:

@dmod nj   Royals won! We've got some exciting new playeres (i.e., Bobby Witt Jr) who are going to have fun/make it fun this year.

@DrBabs  Woohooo!!  YAY!!!  Let's do it again, boys!! 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Well, it took 11 innings, but the Yankees won walk off style! 

They won 6-5 courtesy of new Yankees 3rd baseman, Donaldson. 

New York Yankees on Twitter: "Turn up Sinatra and #StartSpreadingTheNews,  it's a series win! Final: Yankees 8, Toronto 6. Next up: 3-game series at  Wrigley Field. https://t.co/wJtNSXog7P" / Twitter

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

I'll be watching the 1-0 Mets tonight!  

Good luck to all our teams playing tonight. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sox/Yankees did not disappoint today. The usual back and forth. I think the one thing that seems apparent right out of the gate is that the bullpens on both sides need to be a lot better.

To the poster who was talking about a day at the K....I am a huge stadium buff and I know the nicknames and architectural particulars of almost every stadium past and present.  Your stadium has to be one of the most beautiful in all of baseball history.

I know it has undergone a lot of changes in the past 10 years or so, but I actually liked the simpler outfield design it had when new. The fountains flanking the scoreboard were

beautiful. For a stadium that opened close to 50 years ago it looks likeit was unwrapped yesterday.

Respected Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

Good morning fans!  

Saturday's game is on YES and FS1 at 4:00 eastern.  Sunday's game is on ESPN at 7:00 eastern. 

Thanks for the heads up on today's game, @dmod nj .  Happy to know it is on FS1.  So much better than watching on my laptop.

Go Yankees!!!

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Honored Contributor

@781Florist wrote:

Sox/Yankees did not disappoint today. The usual back and forth. I think the one thing that seems apparent right out of the gate is that the bullpens on both sides need to be a lot better.

To the poster who was talking about a day at the K....I am a huge stadium buff and I know the nicknames and architectural particulars of almost every stadium past and present.  Your stadium has to be one of the most beautiful in all of baseball history.

I know it has undergone a lot of changes in the past 10 years or so, but I actually liked the simpler outfield design it had when new. The fountains flanking the scoreboard were

beautiful. For a stadium that opened close to 50 years ago it looks likeit was unwrapped yesterday.

@781Florist  I think the bullpens will get better. I know the lost time of spring training may set them back a bit.   Seems the hitters were ready, but not the pitchers.   I heard some sports pundits saying that was the case all over the league. Fingers crossed, they are right. 

ITA, these teams seem evenly matched and the back and forth makes for a fun game to watch. 

Honored Contributor

Red Sox/Yankees today, 4:00 eastern, FS1 and YES.  

MLB Odds: Red Sox-Yankees prediction, odds, and pick - 4/8/2022

Mets won 2 in a row! Woohoo! 

Lindor got plunked..........a scary ball thrown. I'm glad he is okay. 

https://www.mlb.com/mets/news/francisco-lindor-hit-in-helmet-mets-nats-benches-clear

Let's go Angels!!  

Good luck to all our teams today. 

I won't be home tomorrow to watch most of the Yankees game. I will be in the car listening.   LET'S GO YANKEES! 

The game is 7:00 eastern on ESPN. 

Honored Contributor

Jose's dad, his mentor and best friend, died a few weeks ago. This is his first at bat since his dad died. 

I love how Freddie consoles him.   

I wish Jose all the best this year! 

https://www.mlb.com/rockies/video/jose-iglesias-rbi-single-04-08-2022

Honored Contributor

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/joey-votto-ozzie-albies-micd-up-braves-reds-wholesome-reaction?fbclid...