Honored Contributor

Baseball talk, 2022 season, all are welcome

MLB on Twitter: "We think #OpeningDay should be a holiday. RT to sign this  petition. http://t.co/tI9I81V8wz" / Twitter

Welcome to Opening Day, 2022!   

Please join in discussing, cheering, and complaining about your favorite team!  

Let's enjoy the season together. Post about your favorite team and their season. Join in as much or little as you would like.

All are welcome. Thank you for being respectful of posters' comments regarding their teams.

Here is to a fun, competitive, injury free season and playing in the post season. *shaking hands*

Good luck to all our favorite teams!  

Image result for baseball, glove and bat

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Re: Baseball talk, 2022 season, all are welcome

Good morning fans! 

Red Sox/Yankees game today is postponed until tomorrow due to RAIN in the Bronx.  It will be on YES and MLB network for out of area fans. 

Saturday's game is on YES and FS1 at 4:00 eastern.  Sunday's game is on ESPN at 7:00 eastern. 

Good luck to all teams today, especially the Mets.  I root for the Mets, as long as they are not playing the Yankees.  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Trusted Contributor

My son is going to opening day tomorrow at Yankee stadium!  I love baseball too!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sophiesofers   hi, welcome!!    Since I learned a LONG time ago on these boards not to assume........is your son a Yankees or Red Sox fan? 

How lucky for him to be able to go and enjoy seeing his team play opening day!  

Please join in and have fun with us this season. Smiley Happy  

Trusted Contributor

@dmod nj    Hi, thank you for welcoming me to this board!  My son and I are Yankee fans!  In 2019, before the pandemic, my son did a west coast baseball stadium tour.  He went to games in both northern and southern California stadiums,  Arizona, Seattle,  and when he used to live in Denver, when I went to visit him each summer, we went to Colorado Rockies games.  He now lives back in New Jersey so he has been to Fenway in Boston, Florida stadiums and we have been to Camden Yards in Baltimore and Nationals Park in DC.  I grew up in a baseball loving house and my son since he was little has always played on various baseball teams and leagues. 

Yes, we are baseball nuts!  Thanks for this great post @dmod nj 

Honored Contributor

@sophiesofers   what  exciting trips  you and he have been on through the years.   How much fun you all had going to see your team throughout the US!   

I'm originally from northern Jersey.  I've been living in central NY for about 3 years due to hubby's job.   I can still see the Yankees on YES, thank goodness! lol There are lots of Yankees fans around here! 

There are fans of several teams who have  visited last year's  thread....Royals, Red Sox, Twins, Mets, and  Tigers.  I hope they visit again this year. 

Please join in. Smiley Happy 

Super Contributor

Happiness is Opening Day at The K!!! (Kauffman Stadium for any of you non-Royals fans)

Honored Contributor

@DrBabs wrote:

Happiness is Opening Day at The K!!! (Kauffman Stadium for any of you non-Royals fans)

@DrBabs  good luck today!  Please let us know how it goes today. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

So, how did your team do for their first game?  Did I hear tears or cheers? 

Yankees open their season in the Bronx against the Red Sox.  

Starters are Eovaldi and Cole. 

The weather will be partly to mostly sunny. High around 60.   

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/news/red-sox-yankees-2022-opening-day-preview

Yankees-Red Sox Opening Day game rescheduled

Help yourself to lunch and dessert. 

Pin on deWilde in NYC

Red Sox Sugar Cookies — POPOVERS ON THE SQUARE

@sophiesofers  @jbinrwc  @VaBelle35  @Redsoxmom1 

@Greeneyedlady21  @781Florist    I hope I didn't miss anyone else............are you ready for today's game?  

Shaking hands.   May the best team win.   May both of our teams bring their best games to the field.  May there be no injures and no officiating disputes. 

Good luck to all our teams playing today! Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

https://nypost.com/2022/04/08/freddie-freeman-responds-to-explosive-ronald-acuna-comments/