Trusted Contributor

Re: Baseball talk, 2021 season, all are welcome

Phillies are 5-1. Swept the Braves and took 2 out of 3 against the Mets. We start a 3 game series against the Braves in Atlanta tonight, followed by 4 games agains the Mets in NY. It will be interesting to see how we do on the road and especially against teams where we won the series at home. 

So far, the relievers (one of our weak spots) have come through for us. Center field is a HUGE issue. I'll wait a few more games to see the outcome before I go into panic mode.

Good Luck to everyone's teams!

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, 

Will read back and catch up asap. We've had family here all week.  

Hope you are all doing well. 

Good luck to all our teams. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Red Sox have won six in a row, two series sweeps 😳

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

Well, reality hit the fan over the weekend.  Swept by the Tribe ...

We are in Houston for 3 starting tonight.  Interested to see Astros fans' (if there are any allowed in) reaction to the Cheater-errrr Hinch coming back

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

Red Sox Twins in MN cancelled today because of the shooting

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 Woman Sad

Phillies won one of the 3 games series at Atlanta. And that game's outcome has been the talk of baseball all last night and today. 

"Atlanta Braves fans (and the rest of the MLB world, save for those cheering for the Philadelphia Phillies) are pretty furious with an apparent blown replay call on Sunday night.

The Braves are on the verge of a 7-6 loss to the Phillies thanks to a highly questionable call at the plate in the top of the ninth inning.

Phillies infielder Alec Bohm scored on a shallow fly ball to left field. Bohm beat the throw to the plate, but it was unclear if his foot actually touched the plate. Multiple replay angles appeared to make it evident that his foot missed the plate.

However, the call – safe – stood upon replay."

I'll take the win, but it was a bad call. 

Also, tonight was to start a 4 game series against/at Mets. Game postponed to tomorrow due to rain. Tomorrow will be a double-header.

Respected Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

Hi fans!  

Well here it is, the start of another baseball season!  

Let's enjoy the season together. Post about your favorite team and their season. Join in as much or little as you would like.

All are welcome. Thank you for being respectful of posters' comments regarding their teams.

Here is to a fun, competitive, injury free season and playing in the post season. *shaking hands*

Image result for baseball, glove and bat

What is wrong with me?  I forget to check for your thread at the start of the season every year!  Glad to see the thread and start following while we are still early in the season.  So happy to see so many fans from around the country joining the thread.  Send best wishes to all of our teams.  We are still very early in the season and I find it hard to get a handle on how individual players are performing.

Yankees fan forever!  So happy to see their wins yesterday and again today.  Hope they can keep it going. 

Go Yankees!!!

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy

Our family is back home in Jersey and I've read back.  Good to see so many of you keeping this going. It was a good  way for me to catch up on your teams. Thank you! 

Yankees have been up and down.  I was able to catch parts of the games last week and over the weekend. 

I did see the Phillies game on Sunday..........the controversial play at the end.  ITA with @FlyersGirl . 

Congrats on everyone's teams wins!!   

Yankees play the Jays, in Florida, tonight.  

Taillon is the starter for the Yankees.

Good luck to all our teams. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Red Sox just won. Seven in a row

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Red Sox just won. Seven in a row

Congrats!!   @Greeneyedlady21   I'm very happy for you!   I'm glad you're enjoying watching your boys. Smiley Happy