Respected Contributor

Re: Baseball talk, 2021 season, all are welcome

Braves win again!  Up 3-1!

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Honored Contributor

Rest in peace Jerry Remy😞

His last appearance at Fenway was the Oct 5th wild card game. I thought he was going to beat it again. He was 68 years old.

SOXsc019.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Rest in peace Jerry Remy😞

His last appearance at Fenway was the Oct 5th wild card game. I thought he was going to beat it again. He was 68 years old.

SOXsc019.jpg

Oh @Greeneyedlady21  I am so sorry to read this news. I thought he would beat it again, too.   I am glad he was able to be at that game and have the crowd/team show him their love and support. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

YAY!! The Braves won last night.  They are up 3-1. 

Tonight, they play again! Fingers crossed the Braves win it on their home field and send the cheaters home losers.  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

I'm rooting for neither team.  On one hand, we have the "cheaters," though few players from that team remain.  On the other hand, we have the team of tomahawk chops and Native American war chants; it's embarrassing, to say the least..

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I'm rooting for neither team.  On one hand, we have the "cheaters," though few players from that team remain.  On the other hand, we have the team of tomahawk chops and Native American war chants; it's embarrassing, to say the least..

ITA, @ValuSkr  about the tomahawk chops and war chants.  It's also infuriating there is so much apathy about letting this continue.  

The core four of the cheaters remain.  I know many of the other cheaters are scattered, including Cole, coming to the Yankees. I was not happy about that, but no one asked me. lol 

Respected Contributor

They are even scattered in Detroit, @dmod nj !   

Still not a fan of them bc of this (yes, we now have their former coach-see above) and now the word is that Carlos Carrera will follow him to MY city.  While we are in desperate need of a SS, not sure we need TWO cheaters on MY team!

The chop has got to go.  NCAAF, NFL, MLB, NCAAM

Let's put an end to it once and for all

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal well said!! ITA!! 

LET'S GO BRAVES!! 

Win it tonight on the cheaters' home field!   

Honored Contributor

I am not a fan of the chant or chop either, no place in baseball in 2021. We can do better.

I want the Braves to win tonight

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

Braves win the WS!

I agree with everything you all have said about the chop and the chant.  Hope they recognize the issue and find a way to fix the problem.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama