Respected Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk, 2020 season, all are welcome!

Well, the Tigers took a nose dive last night at the home opener...lost to KC

You know that joke that goes around every season?  Why can't the Tigers serve beer at Comerica?

Because they lost the opener!!  LOL

This year it is more like, there are no fans!!!

I hope no one gets sick bc of baseball, but I am loving that baseball is back.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

How is any team to get momentum going if they are postponing games.

Now the Nationals are off because they play the Marlins.

I think all this postponement is going to keep the season from really taking off, if it ever takes off.

The players must be all over the place with what to do and where to go.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

Who's watching the Mets and Sox at Fenway?  @handygal2  @Greeneyedlady21 are you  watching? 

Let's go Mets!   

@dmod nj : I am. After a great opening day win, I'm a little bummed after the tough loss on Sat., and blowout yesterday. We need to get Stroman back in the pitching rotation ASAP!... Conforto just hit a 2-run hr.-- yay!

@handygal2  what is the latest on Stroman returning?   Last I heard he was going to be out the season, but I heard that the very first day he was out. 

@dmod nj : His status is described as "week to week," which in this shortened season doesn't sound too good. Woman Frustrated

You're right, that doesn't sound good! Smiley Sad   I wish him a speedy recovery.   Who knows if baseball will continue with the mess with the Marlins?   Oy vey! 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Hi @sunshine45    good luck to the O's this year!   I hope it's a enjoyable season for you!  Smiley Happy 

You're welcome, it's my pleasure! Smiley Happy 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal   I never heard that joke before. LOL   I'm loving having baseball back, as well.    

Scary what is going on with the Marlins and the Red Sox player.  

Not sure how long this season will last, but my Yankees flag is out there and that makes me happy. Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

Good points, @VaBelle35   It's like dominoes! 

Mets play again tonight.  I'll be watching and cheering them on!  

So far, the Yankees will host the Phillies at home tomorrow for their home opener! 

Good luck to all our teams!  

Honored Contributor

https://www.syracuse.com/sports/2020/07/sources-yankees-phillies-postponed-for-2nd-straight-day.html...

Honored Contributor

The Red Sox are terrible, they obviously don't even care. They're having some guy pitch tonight who has a 9 plus ERA. Never heard of him.

The cardboard cutouts on the Green Monster could pitch better.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

The Red Sox are terrible, they obviously don't even care. They're having some guy pitch tonight who has a 9 plus ERA. Never heard of him.

The cardboard cutouts on the Green Monster could pitch better.

Smiley Sad   I feel bad for you.  I want baseball to be a respite for you. Smiley Sad 

@Greeneyedlady21  Who is the coach since ??? ( can't remember his name) is suspended?   Could that be the reason they are struggling? 

Honored Contributor

Betances in for relief! 

Mets winning 8-2 in the 8th.