Honored Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk, 2020 season, all are welcome!

@VaBelle35   GMTA! Smiley Happy

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Sad day. What a baseball player

153278104.0.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21  

https://patch.com/massachusetts/boston/red-sox-dustin-pedroia-retires?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign...

I wish him well in his retirement.   What a shame for his career to end this way. Smiley Sad   

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@dmod nj Machado really ended Pedroia's ability to play. That play ruined him.

He said today that he had to wait until December of last year to have a partial knee replacement. Before the pandemic started he was supposed to have that surgery because he woke up one day and his knee was so swollen that it was huge.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@dmod nj Machado really ended Pedroia's ability to play. That play ruined him.

He said today that he had to wait until December of last year to have a partial knee replacement. Before the pandemic started he was supposed to have that surgery because he woke up one day and his knee was so swollen that it was huge.

Yes, ita, that play was the beginning of the end for him. Smiley Sad 

Are you getting a lot of snow?  If so, stay safe and warm. 

Thinking of you. Heart

Honored Contributor

@dmod nj A foot or more. So far where I live it hasn't been that bad today, but I guess it will get worse. I hate snow so much, mostly because I have to shovel it and have had to for a long time. 

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@dmod nj A foot or more. So far where I live it hasn't been that bad today, but I guess it will get worse. I hate snow so much, mostly because I have to shovel it and have had to for a long time. 

Gosh, that's a lot.  Take it slowly as you shovel. Hopefully, it will be a powdery snow, not a soggy snow. 

Heart

Honored Contributor

Darren O'Day signed with the Yankees.

Honored Contributor

@dmod nj Did you hear, the Red Sox traded Benintendi to KC? Didn't seem to get much in return that's impressive.

Seems like they no longer care, I'm disgusted.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@dmod nj Did you hear, the Red Sox traded Benintendi to KC? Didn't seem to get much in return that's impressive.

Seems like they no longer care, I'm disgusted.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/30876960/sources-boston-red-sox-sending-andrew-benintendi-kansas...

I didn't until I read your post.  I'm sorry. Smiley Sad   I wish him much luck with KC. 

Wow, they seem to be decimating the team and getting rid of money.  I guess the rebuilding is really  under way.