Honored Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk, 2020 season, all are welcome!

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@dmod nj   Yogi is getting a stamp in 2021

I follow his granddaughter on Twitter as she posts a lot of Yankee stuff

https://twitter.com/lindsayberra

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/national-releases/2021/0115-usps-announces-several-additional-stamps... 

Thank you so much for the info!!  My maternal grandfather was a Yogi fan!  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

https://nypost.com/2021/01/19/this-is-it-for-red-sox-great-dustin-pedroia/

@Greeneyedlady21   

I don't know if you heard this news.     I'm sad to see his career end like this.   

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

It was good to see A-Rod at the Inauguration yesterday.  Some funny memes ensued - many calling out Forrest Gump.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

https://nypost.com/2021/01/19/this-is-it-for-red-sox-great-dustin-pedroia/

@Greeneyedlady21   

I don't know if you heard this news.     I'm sad to see his career end like this.   

I hadn't heard yet. It makes me very sad, my Mom would have cried. The Red Sox should give him some sort of job, if he's interested.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

https://www.mlb.com/news/adam-ottavino-red-sox-trade

Honored Contributor

Nobody voted into the Hall of Fame this year.

Not surprising when you look at the list.

Your choices were tainted and never heard of them.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Curt Schilling in letter to the Hall of Fame: "I will not participate in the final year of voting. I am requesting to be removed from the ballot. I’ll defer to the veterans committee and men whose opinions actually matter and who are in a position to actually judge a player.''

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Former Red Sox coach Ron Johnson dead from COVID-19 complications at 64 Johnson spent 12 years with the Red Sox.

Obit-Ron_Johnson_Baseball_38905-6010bc5690e9e-850x478$large.jpg

Former Boston Red Sox coach Ron Johnson died from complications due to COVID-19 on Tuesday. He was 64.

Johnson was a minor-league manager for 25 years, including 10 in the Red Sox’ system split between every level. He was a first-base coach with the MLB club from 2010-11 as well.

After leaving the Red Sox, Johnson managed the Baltimore Orioles’ Triple-A affiliate Norfolk Tides from 2012-18. Johnson holds the record as the winningest manager in Norfolk Tides history.

“We were devastated to learn of the passing of our friend and former colleague, Ron Johnson,” Red Sox GM Brian O’Halloran said in a statement. “RJ was instrumental in helping countless Red Sox players reach and succeed in the big leagues, and was an important contributor to two World Series championships. His kindness, sense of humor, love of family, and passion for the game of baseball stood out among many wonderful qualities. We would like to express our heartfelt condolences to RJ’s wife, Daphne, his five children, and the many people inside and outside the game of baseball who loved him.”

From 1982-84, Johnson played in 22 major league games for the Kansas City Royals and Montreal Expos, mostly as a first baseman, batting .261 in 53 career plate appearances.
"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy 

@Greeneyedlady21  what a shame. Smiley Sad  May he RIP.  I can't wait for life to get back to normal. 

@VaBelle35  if I write what I think of Schilling, I'll be banned. Use your imagination. LOL LOL   

Yankees resigned LeMathieu.  Yankees signed Kluber.  They also signed someone else, sorry I forgot the name, who is a 2x Tommy John pitcher. Oy vey. Why?  I'm not sure.   

Tanaka resigned with his former team in Japan. 

As always, I am concerned about our pitching. It's the same worry I've had for YEARS! 

Honored Contributor

@dmod nj   I'm right there with you on Schilling.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN