Respected Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk, 2020 season, all are welcome!

Apparently, very quietly, the Detroit Tigers name AJ Hinch the new coach.  Not sure about this yet.  I know he was aware of the cheating, but did not participate and did not notify the league of it....

We need help, for sure, but I remain "on the fence"  Unless, of course, he brings my boyfriend back home for 2022 season!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Valued Contributor

Ohhh @redwingsgal there's so much we could talk about! I think the attribute my father is most proud of is to have raised his daughter to know as much as he does about the tigers.

I'm on the fence as to how I feel about AJ, too. I initially heard Don Kelly's name thrown around, I was kind of hoping that would have gone somewhere. But, I'm going to go on a limb and say AJ will be better than Ausmus was.

But these guys need some help! Btw.....if your boyfriend is JV, I'm totally jealous, lol!

Esteemed Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

@Ibby114 sure sounded fishy to me, as well. 

@Greeneyedlady21   ita.   I hope he stays healthy. 

@SoX https://www.fox32chicago.com/sports/white-sox-name-tony-la-russa-next-manager?utm_campaign=trueAnthe...

@dmod nj  Yesterday the LA County Department of Public Health reported that nine members of the Dodgers - and  one family member- have tested positive. Gheesh! Woman Mad 

Respected Contributor

@Mellyg wrote:

Ohhh @redwingsgal there's so much we could talk about! I think the attribute my father is most proud of is to have raised his daughter to know as much as he does about the tigers.

I'm on the fence as to how I feel about AJ, too. I initially heard Don Kelly's name thrown around, I was kind of hoping that would have gone somewhere. But, I'm going to go on a limb and say AJ will be better than Ausmus was.

But these guys need some help! Btw.....if your boyfriend is JV, I'm totally jealous, lol!

So good to hear from you, @Mellyg !  First off, I LOVE the way you mentioned your Dad, we are of the same cloth where that is concerned!  

I am a big fan of Don Kelly, maybe they will bring him on as a bench coach or something.  Agree, anyone will be better than Ausmus (although he was nice to look at)

My boyfriend is JV, and I am still hoping he comes home!!!

Bless you, Boys!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2W7JmQX8xM&feature=emb_logo

Cora apologizing as he accepts a job as the manager of the Sox. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]
Valued Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

@Mellyg wrote:

So good to hear from you, @Mellyg !  First off, I LOVE the way you mentioned your Dad, we are of the same cloth where that is concerned!  

I am a big fan of Don Kelly, maybe they will bring him on as a bench coach or something.  Agree, anyone will be better than Ausmus (although he was nice to look at)

My boyfriend is JV, and I am still hoping he comes home!!!

Bless you, Boys!

@redwingsgal ; I take it your dad taught you all the important things in life, too (by that, all things Red Wing and Tiger related)?! I love that!  

I would love for Don Kelly to be back with the Tigers in some capacity. I always liked him as a player (but I think I pretty much loved the entire team back then).... I miss the days of Max, AJ and I still mourn Grandy.

Ausmus was rather nice to look at; at least he gave us that! 

You are a lucky girl, that is one heck of a guy you got, lol! I had to go to Houston to see him. 

2020 was going to be the year I was going to go to a few more different stadiums. Clearly that didn't happen, fingers crossed for 2021! 

Honored Contributor

Greetings baseball fans.  

Yes Network posted these clips from Seinfeld featuring Yankee players.

I never really watched Seinfeld but I knew of the Steinbrenner episodes, which were hilarious.

I never saw these before.  My Jeter is a baby in 1996.

https://www.yesnetwork.com/yankees/news/a-history-of-yankees-seinfeld-appearances 

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Greetings baseball fans.  

Yes Network posted these clips from Seinfeld featuring Yankee players.

I never really watched Seinfeld but I knew of the Steinbrenner episodes, which were hilarious.

I never saw these before.  My Jeter is a baby in 1996.

https://www.yesnetwork.com/yankees/news/a-history-of-yankees-seinfeld-appearances 

Thanks so much for posting, @VaBelle35 .  I never watched Seinfeld.  
OMG, the baby face.............where did the years go? 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@dmod nj   I know, I feel like it was only yesterday that I ordered my NYY2 license plates (which I really need to change as the state keeps bugging me to refresh them as they are starting to peel).

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN