Reply
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,897
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Baseball Talk, 2020 season, all are welcome!

I am taking the season one game at a time as I am not sure how long this will last.  We did win last night, I will take that!  Game 3 of 4 tonight v Royals.

 

Sad that the Illitch family did not take part in the cutouts of fans...I do not know why.  It was a good chance for them to make some money to donate to local charities, but the stands are empty and it looks sad...

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,554
Registered: ‎10-04-2011

Re: Baseball Talk, 2020 season, all are welcome!

Good morning, Smiley Happy

 

Congrats to the Mets fans on their win last night.  It was good to see Betances! 

 

Yankees will play the O's tonight in Baltimore.  Not sure what will happen with the rest of the games against the Phillies?????   

 

Cole makes his second start. 

 

@Sunshine45   *shaking hands*   

 

@redwingsgal   that's exactly what I'm doing........one game at a time.   There is so much misinformation out there about what is happening.   

Good luck to all our teams today!   Smiley Happy 

 

 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,080
Registered: ‎06-26-2011

Re: Baseball Talk, 2020 season, all are welcome!

This Royals fan THRILLED to have Patrick Mahomes take an ownership position in the team. Mahomes is a good baseball player, as was his Dad, so he's not taking this lightly. WOO HOO!!!!!!!  Would love to see him buddy up with George Brett -- I'd love to be a fly on the wall for those discussions -- to learn and celebrate the team's history and move it forward with some fresh insight and perspective.

 

royalslogo.png

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,554
Registered: ‎10-04-2011

Re: Baseball Talk, 2020 season, all are welcome!


@LonestarBabs wrote:

This Royals fan THRILLED to have Patrick Mahomes take an ownership position in the team. Mahomes is a good baseball player, as was his Dad, so he's not taking this lightly. WOO HOO!!!!!!!  Would love to see him buddy up with George Brett -- I'd love to be a fly on the wall for those discussions -- to learn and celebrate the team's history and move it forward with some fresh insight and perspective.

 

royalslogo.png


Hi @LonestarBabs  Smiley Happy  

 

Any conversation with Brett is worth being a fly on the wall. 

 

Patrick is the youngest owner in history, if I heard correctly this morning  on the news. 

 

Tonight, your Royals play @redwingsgal  Tigers. 

 

Good luck to both teams! 

 

Let's hope everyone stays healthy and safe. Smiley Happy 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,554
Registered: ‎10-04-2011

Re: Baseball Talk, 2020 season, all are welcome!

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29556054/benches-clear-dodgers-joe-kelly-throws-astros-alex-breg...

 

I knew this would happen  when these two teams got together! 

 

The Astros should be thrilled there are no fans in the stands this year.   

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,897
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Baseball Talk, 2020 season, all are welcome!


@dmod wrote:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29556054/benches-clear-dodgers-joe-kelly-throws-astros-alex-breg...

 

I knew this would happen  when these two teams got together! 

 

The Astros should be thrilled there are no fans in the stands this year.   


Agree, @dmod .  ummmmm  they kinda asked for this type of treatment, from everyone,  all season!  And yes, fans would make this 100 times bigger than this!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,554
Registered: ‎10-04-2011

Re: Baseball Talk, 2020 season, all are welcome!


@redwingsgal wrote:

@dmod wrote:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29556054/benches-clear-dodgers-joe-kelly-throws-astros-alex-breg...

 

I knew this would happen  when these two teams got together! 

 

The Astros should be thrilled there are no fans in the stands this year.   


Agree, @dmod .  ummmmm  they kinda asked for this type of treatment, from everyone,  all season!  And yes, fans would make this 100 times bigger than this!


@redwingsgal you and I are on the same page, I believe. I don't want to see anyone hurt when a pitcher throws at a batter. 

 

The fact they are playing baseball at all, without any REAL, MAKE AN IMPRESSION NOT TO DO IT AGAIN, repercussions from what they did,  (please remind me if I forgot something)  is deplorable!  

 

They, and any other team PROVEN to be cheating, should NOT be playing.  If baseball won't do it, everyone else should SHUN them , they should be pariahs of baseball. 

 

Their apology and attitude, from what I've seen, sucks. 

 

 

 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,876
Registered: ‎01-06-2015

Re: Baseball Talk, 2020 season, all are welcome!


@dmod wrote:

@greeneyedlady wrote:

The Red Sox are terrible, they obviously don't even care. They're having some guy pitch tonight who has a 9 plus ERA. Never heard of him.

 

The cardboard cutouts on the Green Monster could pitch better.


Smiley Sad   I feel bad for you.  I want baseball to be a respite for you. Smiley Sad 

@greeneyedlady  Who is the coach since ??? ( can't remember his name) is suspended?   Could that be the reason they are struggling? 


I know, I was hoping it would be a respite too. Now I don't even want to watch.

 

Alex Cora is suspended. The manager is Ron Roenicke, he used to be the bench coach.

 

They're struggling because they don't have Mookie and they have one pitcher who can actually pitch. Eovaldi. Eduardo Rodriguez is out with myocarditis from covid. They're now saying that heart damage and heart complications are common. Age does not matter, he's a young previously healthy athlete.

 

They're also struggling because the owners care more about saving money than putting a competitive team together, imo.

"Women belong in all places where decisions are being made. It shouldn't be that women are the exception."-Notorious RBG
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,597
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Baseball Talk, 2020 season, all are welcome!

Good morning

 

Fanantics is having a nice sale, so I bought some Yankee tops for summer and the obligatory, yet tasteful, face covering.  The face coverings are not on sale and cost as much as the shirts ;/

 

Mask.jpg

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,597
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Baseball Talk, 2020 season, all are welcome!

Now the Phillies are shutting down after 2 more people test positive.

 

I think we're seeing the beginning of the end here.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN