Honored Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk 2019 season, all are welcome!

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Scherzer vs. deGrom.  Go Max!

edit:  small "d"

Hi @Sweetbay magnolia  should be a fantastic match up! 

Yes, DH is "working from home today" - I've checked; both tvs and all radios work, even have extra batteries for the transistor.

He really is working - he might just time the lunch break for 1PM.  My job is to keep him posted.

My husband is working from home today, too.  We both have the same job this afternoon. lol   I probably won't have to update him too often..........he'll hear me......either cheering or crying. LOL  I have to pace myself. It is a long season. lol 

Good luck today! 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Trusted Contributor

E7E0518A-C426-4BF1-B042-117427B861EF.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Brewers and Cubs 1pm Thursday. Might be fun to listen on the radio.

Hi @AuntG   We have dear friends who live in Wisconsin.  One is a Brewers fan, where he grew up.  One is a Cubs fan, where she grew up.   Always fun to be with them when they are watching a game. LOL 

I listen to the games on the radio a lot. 

Enjoy the game! Good luck today! 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

LOL LOL @Lori Kaye   Yep! That's me too! 

Honored Contributor

hi @dmod nj  et al........

happy opening day! everyone is in first place right now.....wooohoooooo!

hope to see a good game today with the yankees "shaking hands.*

i had a long drive yesterday and was listening to some talk radio. so many of our local sports talk experts seem to think that the orioles will have another bad year......maybe not quite as bad as last year, but still maybe 100 losses. THAT is not something to look forward to. of course, the ORIOLES have gone through a lot of changes over the break. it may take a number of years to get back into contention. lets hope we are on the right path.

opening day baseball.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

oriole mascot.jpg

LETS GO Os!!!!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

hi @dmod nj  et al........

happy opening day! everyone is in first place right now.....wooohoooooo!

hope to see a good game today with the yankees "shaking hands.*

i had a long drive yesterday and was listening to some talk radio. so many of our local sports talk experts seem to think that the orioles will have another bad year......maybe not quite as bad as last year, but still maybe 100 losses. THAT is not something to look forward to. of course, the ORIOLES have gone through a lot of changes over the break. it may take a number of years to get back into contention. lets hope we are on the right path.

opening day baseball.jpg

Hi @sunshine45  good to see you.  I've heard the same thing about the O's.  BUT, it seems they are on the right path.   I think they will win more games than last year. The changes will help them and put them on the right path!  

Honored Contributor

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/mlb-moves-into-new-era-no-players-left-from-20th-century/ar-BBV...

Honored Contributor

@dmod nj  it would be pretty difficult to be any worse than last year......the worst team in the league. hopefully we see some improvement! Smiley Happy

maybe no where to go but UP!

raven in oriole uniform.jpg

Honored Contributor

Lunch, anyone? 

Image result for yankee hot dog