Honored Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk 2019 season, all are welcome!

No minor league ball this year.

Maryland has a lot of minor league teams, I think Virginia has 3.  There is one about 2 miles from my house that is now part of the Nationals.  I think it's A level.

It's a great place for kids.

MLB.jpg

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35   thanks for posting this info. I was hoping to see the Syracuse Mets this year.   Oh well, I'll go next year. 

July 1, is Bobby Bo Day.  I forgot about this. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/mets/2020/07/01/bobby-bonilla-day-new-york-mets/5350203002...

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

I hope Tanaka will be okay! 

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2020/07/yankees-masahiro-tanaka-hurt-hit-line-drive-from-giancarlo-stanto...

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

I've seen 2 Yankees and 2 Nationals have tested positive and a few more players opting out this season.

Do you think MLB will reverse course and cancel the season after all?

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I'm watching the 30 for 30 on ESPN about Doc and Darryl.

I had moved to DC in 1982, so I missed a lot of their careers from the local aspect.  I only heard about the arrests and their troubles.

There may or may not be crying here.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy 

I have company all week. I'll read back and respond next week. 

Be well, wear a mask! 

Take care. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Whether it lasts or not, eight days til real, live baseball!!  I hope they have it figured out so that nobody catches the Rona, but I am sooooo ready for ANY live sports, I will take it!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

Hi @redwingsgal @dmod nj and all still posting here. Haven't been around here because my father passed away. It's very difficult, more so being so close to losing my Mom.

Thankfully not from the virus, he never tested positive even though it was in his facility for quite a while.

He had a few serious health issues, and earned his rest.I was able to visit him the day before, wearing all the protective gear. And outside the week before.

He was a decorated US Army veteran, and the invisible wounds of war really took a toll on him and on his family.

When my Mom got sick I just let everything go and reconciled with my Dad. That gives me so much peace now. I'll miss him very much, and I miss my Mom every day.

I hope I can have some baseball to bring me a small amount of comfort.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Hi @Greeneyedlady21 

I am so sorry for your loss.  Be kind to yourself, you've been through a lot.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I am so sorry, @Greeneyedlady21 .  I know how much this hurts.  I am glad you were able to see your Dad and that you have made peace with him.  It does get easier, but it never goes away, no matter how old you or your Dad are.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it