Honored Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk 2019 season, all are welcome!

I'm doing well health wise. Mentally it's really tough, just as it is for everybody. I worry non stop about  my Dad, and it's so hard not being able to see him. I talk to him on the phone and hope to try Skyping soon.

I would have to try to find an article and picture, but I read recently that the baseball uniform manufacturer is making PPE for medical personnel. They showed a picture of a Yankee pinstriped mask and gown.

Chris Sale had his Tommy John surgery in CA. Dr. Andrews couldn't do it because FL isn't allowing elective surgeries. It's controversial, because some people on local sports talk radio were saying he received preferential treatment. Because some people with cancer and other serious health issues can't even get scans or treatments. Certainly is a serious issue. No doubt in my mind that money and power creates privilege.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Fanatics

@Fanatics
·
Mar 26

We’re proud to partner with to support emergency personnel who are fighting against COVID-19 and face a need for masks and hospital gowns. We're utilizing our manufacturing plant in Easton, PA to make masks and gowns out of the same jersey fabric that the players wear.

EUD3pDyUEAASnUZ.jpeg
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy 

@redwingsgal  Smiley LOL

@Greeneyedlady21  I understand not being able to see and be with your dad.  I'm in the same position.   I Skype and speak with him all the time. It helps to be able to see him. 

I'm glad the baseball community is doing whatever they can to help. Thank you for sharing the picture. 

ITA about money and power = privilege.

I hope all of you are doing well. We are fine and staying home.

I'm baking up a storm.  The last thing I need is more sweets............but that is not stopping me from baking. LOL   I'll share with you. Smiley Happy   Help yourself.

Best Brownies Recipe - Allrecipes.com | Allrecipes 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@dmod nj 

Wow nice little house...

Source: Tom Brady rents Derek Jeter's waterfront mansion  

TAMPA, Fla. -- A home with a view. That's what new Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady will settle into after leasing Derek Jeter's waterfront mansion on Davis Islands, a source confirmed to ESPN on Thursday.

The stone home, which belongs to the former  New York Yankees star and current  Miami Marlins CEO, is next door to former Buccaneers defensive tackle Brad Culpepper, who is now a personal injury attorney. Culpepper and his wife, Monica, were contestants on CBS' "Survivor," and their son Rex plays quarterback for Syracuse University.

Jeter's 30,000-plus-square-foot home, which is located right outside downtown Tampa and a short drive to the Bucs' facility, sits on three lots on Bahama Circle and features seven bedrooms, nine bathrooms and entertainment and billiards rooms. It has an elevator, swimming pool, fountain, boat dock and a 8-foot security gate -- 2 feet higher than the city permits, but Jeter received an exemption for privacy.

The best part of the home is its spectacular waterfront view, which you can see as soon as the front door is opened. 

"Last night, a friend of ours texted us that they heard that Tom was moving into Jeter's house, but we just thought it was a rumor," said Tim Davis, who lives across the street. "Today when I saw the security and the police out, I was like, 'Oh! Maybe that's true.'"

Throughout the day, a handful of neighbors and even a few fans trickled in to stop for a quick photo, hoping for a glimpse of Brady, a six-time Super Bowl champion who signed with the Buccaneers two weeks ago after 20 seasons with the New England Patriots.

"Absolutely we are excited to have him here," said Arto Hirvela, a Bucs fan who stopped to see for himself. "Especially excited having his brain and arm here. He's a great mind."

His wife, Irmali Hirvela, agreed. "I'm a huge fan of Brady," she said. "I want to see him!"

For days, the neighborhood had been buzzing with rumors as activity picked up at the home, which had been unoccupied for the past six or seven months, neighbors said.

"The house has been empty ... not much activity," Davis said. "And then last week, more and more cars were here, and workers, mostly air-conditioning or movers. I think three or four days ago, a van came and started moving some little items."

Brady's living arrangement was first reported by the Tampa Bay Times.

i.jpeg

Davis Islands -- a man-made island -- is considered one of the area's most exclusive neighborhoods and was built during the area's land boom in the 1920s.

"This is a great neighborhood. I love it," Davis said. "This part of Davis Islands -- West Davis -- is really nice. Everyone is really friendly -- the Culpeppers, and everybody else. Everybody is just really friendly. We have block parties. It's just really nice."

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21   LOL LOL  little house  LOL LOL 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Houston Chronicle 

Astros ace Justin Verlander announced on Saturday he will donate all of his paychecks during baseball’s shutdown due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Verlander and his wife, Kate Upton, revealed their plan via an Instagram video. The couple said they’ll choose an organization each week to donate an entire week’s paycheck. They plan to highlight the group’s contributions to the coronavirus pandemic, too.

“Obviously this is an extremely difficult time for the entire world,” Verlander said. “There’s so many people that are in need, whether it’s the people on the front lines battling this disease head-on or someone who is at home and has lost their job and needs to provide basic necessities.”

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Houston Chronicle 

Astros ace Justin Verlander announced on Saturday he will donate all of his paychecks during baseball’s shutdown due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Verlander and his wife, Kate Upton, revealed their plan via an Instagram video. The couple said they’ll choose an organization each week to donate an entire week’s paycheck. They plan to highlight the group’s contributions to the coronavirus pandemic, too.

“Obviously this is an extremely difficult time for the entire world,” Verlander said. “There’s so many people that are in need, whether it’s the people on the front lines battling this disease head-on or someone who is at home and has lost their job and needs to provide basic necessities.”

Thanks so much, @Greeneyedlady21   for sharing this. 

@redwingsgal  did your bf tell you he was doing this? Smiley Wink 

Honored Contributor

So they're thinking about starting the season in Phoenix in May, with no spectators. And players would have to isolate themselves there and be away from their families. I don't know much about it, only saw a brief local TV news report. 

As much as I selfishly want baseball, I just don't know how prudent that is or how it's going to work. Like the news report I saw this morning said, will the players want to do that?

Honored Contributor

Red Sox put masks on the Teammates statue to encourage wearing them

EU8qHKpXYAAz9Ms.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Houston Chronicle 

Thanks so much, @Greeneyedlady21   for sharing this. 

@redwingsgal  did your bf tell you he was doing this? Smiley Wink 

Actually, he did!!  No, not really, but I did hear about this, he and Kate are a class act.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it