Respected Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk 2019 season, all are welcome!

The city of Detroit and the Tigers lost a hero yesterday, Al Kaline, Mr, Tiger, passed away at the age of 85.  No cause of death has been released.

I hope my Dad enjoys a nice long talk with the man who made me love baseball.

RIP, Mr. Kaline, thanks for all you have done for my city.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

So sorry to hear that @redwingsgal . Rest in peace Mr. Kaline❤

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@dmod nj Hi I just wanted to let you know, because you've been so nice to me, that I need to take a break from these forums. Especially at this extremely difficult time, some people and posts here are just really bad for my mental health. Wish we could stay in touch somehow. I wish you and your family health and happiness. Thanks for being such a good friend to me here.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

Come back soon, @Greeneyedlady21 .  Stay well, my friend

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@dmod nj Hi I just wanted to let you know, because you've been so nice to me, that I need to take a break from these forums. Especially at this extremely difficult time, some people and posts here are just really bad for my mental health. Wish we could stay in touch somehow. I wish you and your family health and happiness. Thanks for being such a good friend to me here.

@Greeneyedlady21I'm sorry to see you go, but I do understand.  I'm glad you let us know so we don't worry.  Thank you from all of us.  
We are here when you want to drop back in. We are here when baseball returns, if you want to join us.   Selfishly, I hope you do.   

I wish you health and happiness. It all wrapped up in a HUGE HUG!  ((((((  Heart  )))))))

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Trusted Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy 

Checking in on all of you.  How are you doing?  I hope everyone is healthy. 

@Lori Kaye  thanks so much for posting this news.  God bless him. He and his wife are  doing amazing work! 

Who's been watching their team's classic games?  I've been watching any classic YES games!   It's so good to hear baseball.   

Nothing new to report.  I saved a bunch of links to different baseball stories.  I was also emailing them to friends and had computer issues. I have no idea where they are............cyber heaven? lol   

I did read today, Hank Steinbrenner passed away.  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

You've seen his iconic sports photos throughout the years.  

May he RIP. 

https://twitter.com/YESNetwork/status/1250427421603459088

https://nypost.com/search/anthony+causi/

Trusted Contributor
Honored Contributor

Thank you so much for sharing this @Lori Kaye . 

LOVED the video footage, especially the iconic Mike Piazza homer!   

True, we ARE all in this together, no matter where we live.