Honored Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk 2019 season, all are welcome!

Smiley Sad Smiley Sad 

Image result for oh no

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tim Tebow hit a HR and the internet goes wild

https://twitter.com/i/status/1232393811248152578 

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35  that link is not working for me.  Congrats to him!   

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@dmod nj 

I fixed it, thanks.  

This site is so odd some days.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@dmod nj 

I fixed it, thanks.  

This site is so odd some days.

Thanks so much, @VaBelle35  for fixing it.  This site is a horror show. 

We are hoping to get to a Syracuse Mets game this year!  Our neighbors, all Yankees fans, have gone and enjoyed it very much.  

Honored Contributor

RHP Luis Severino is scheduled to undergo Tommy John surgery on Thursday. The procedure will be performed by Dr. David Altchek at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York.

Honored Contributor

https://www.si.com/mlb/2020/02/25/brett-gardner-obtains-restraining-order?utm_campaign=sportsillustr...

Trusted Contributor

@dmod nj  Did you know the Syracuse Mets used to be the  Syracuse Skychiefs? We used to go to games when we lived there. They were affiliated with the Toronto Blue Jays back then. 

Honored Contributor

@Lori Kaye wrote:

@dmod nj  Did you know the Syracuse Mets used to be the  Syracuse Skychiefs? We used to go to games when we lived there. They were affiliated with the Toronto Blue Jays back then. 

@Lori Kaye  I had no idea!   I'm looking forward to see the Mets. I am a Yankees fan, but root for the Mets, as long as they are not playing my boys. 

Was it the same stadium as they play in now? 

Trusted Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

@Lori Kaye wrote:

@Lori Kaye  I had no idea!   I'm looking forward to see the Mets. I am a Yankees fan, but root for the Mets, as long as they are not playing my boys. 

Was it the same stadium as they play in now? 

From Chiefs to Mets in Syracuse

Professional baseball goes back a long way in Syracuse, beginning when the Jersey City Skeeters moved north in 1934 to start playing in the brand-new Municipal Stadium as the “Chiefs.” Outside of the renaming of the stadium for WWII hero Douglas MacArthur in 1942 and a three-year break in the late 50s, not much has changed in Syracuse minor league baseball except for their MLB affiliation. During their longest affiliation with the Blue Jays, the team moved to the new P&C Stadium in 1997 from the venerable MacArthur Park (unceremoniously demolished for the new stadium’s parking lot) and changed their names to the “Sky Chiefs.”

That 11,071-seat stadium has undergone several name changes, renovations, and affiliate changes since then. And 2019 finds a new big-league club sponsoring the team, with the New York Mets taking over from the Nationals and renaming the team in their likeness. The former P&C Stadium is still their home, but since 2014, the naming rights have gone to NBT Bank. While the Mets are talking about big new renovations (and perhaps even a new downtown park), NBT Bank Stadium saw its last big renovations in 2012, with a PA system upgrade and installation of one of the largest LED scoreboards in the minors.

While NBT Bank Stadium doesn’t stand out in a lot of areas, it is an easy-to-get-to park with a lot of good food and drink options for a cheap night out of baseball entertainment.