Honored Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk 2019 season, all are welcome!

Image result for oh my gosh facepalm

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

What the heck is up with the Yankees?  LeMahieu has made 2 errors tonight.  Didn't see him make 1 in the regular season.  Where did the real team go?  And, would someone please explain to me why Aaron Hicks is in the starting lineup.  I like him but he hasn't played in weeks.  And, Encarnacion - don't they have anyone else to DH?  Guess the injuries have finally caught up with our dear Yankees.  So sad...

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Super Contributor

Also sad is the way Yankee fans have been acting at the stadium - game 3 throwing things on the field, yesterday taunting Greinke.....

Respected Contributor

WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? is Encarnacion our DH?  WHY?  Is there some half way sane explanation that anyone out there can provide?

He's the DH .....  OMG .....  why was he not taken out when they saw he was doing NOTHING game after game after game after game???????  I don't understand.

We have left way too many men on base.

Also....   Larry Rothchild should have been fired YEARS ago.  I don't understand that either.

Honored Contributor

@jbinrwc wrote:

What the heck is up with the Yankees?  LeMahieu has made 2 errors tonight.  Didn't see him make 1 in the regular season.  Where did the real team go?  And, would someone please explain to me why Aaron Hicks is in the starting lineup.  I like him but he hasn't played in weeks.  And, Encarnacion - don't they have anyone else to DH?  Guess the injuries have finally caught up with our dear Yankees.  So sad...

@jbinrwc  Last night, I was so frustrated, I posted my no sense comments. LOL LOL  I wish I could blame alcohol, but I was completely sober. LOL 

I think you're right, injuries, and what we scream about every year--------starting pitching, along with their fantastic pitching--------has finally caught up with the Yankees.  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dmod nj  Tough night for Yankee fans. Heartbreaking to watch what was probably CC's last game and to see him helped off the field. I don't think anyone expected the Yankees to still be around in October so I'm still very proud of this team! 

Honored Contributor

@IslanderGirl62 wrote:

Also sad is the way Yankee fans have been acting at the stadium - game 3 throwing things on the field, yesterday taunting Greinke.....

Hi @IslanderGirl62  I've been listening to the game on the radio and watching hockey, so I have not seen every moment of the games. 

I didn't know they were doing that........until I googled it.  Throwing things is NEVAH acceptable.   Deplorable behavior from the fans. 

Admittedly, I don't know much about Greinke....until I googled him. What the fans were taunting him about is NOT funny nor acceptable.   

Thank you for posting.    The Yankees fans that gather here would NOT condone what those  fans did. 

Honored Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? is Encarnacion our DH?  WHY?  Is there some half way sane explanation that anyone out there can provide?

He's the DH .....  OMG .....  why was he not taken out when they saw he was doing NOTHING game after game after game after game???????  I don't understand.

We have left way too many men on base.

Also....   Larry Rothchild should have been fired YEARS ago.  I don't understand that either.

I hear ya, @nyc1 .   I've been scratching my head about some of the post season decisions, myself. 

I would love to see Romine be given a chance.  He's come through when given the opportunity.  

Every year, Yankees fans scream bloody murder about them leaving too many men on base and lack of dependable, consistent starters.  This year was no different.  

It wasn't as glaring, because they were winning.................until now. 

Honored Contributor

@Lori Kaye wrote:

@dmod nj  Tough night for Yankee fans. Heartbreaking to watch what was probably CC's last game and to see him helped off the field. I don't think anyone expected the Yankees to still be around in October so I'm still very proud of this team! 

Hi @Lori Kaye   I feel for CC and Gardy, the elderstatesmen of the team. Not the way they wanted to go out.