Valued Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk 2019 season, all are welcome!

@dmod nj wrote:

@redhead handbag queen wrote:

So here in Minnesota it looks like a Tri-flush-ta this weekend (here the flushing sound)...First the Twins, next the Wild and for sure the Vikings. 

And yes, I wore my lucky Auburn tshirt for nothing Smiley Sad

@redhead handbag queen  your boys will turn this around at home!  They are too good! 

Congrats on the Vikings win today.   We were out and did not see the game.   

If you follow the Wild, please join us on the hockey thread.   Enjoy watching Zucc play!  We miss him on the Rangers. Take good care of him, please.  

Thanks for the good wishes on my Twins, not sure how Monday will play out but I'm hopeful.

I couldn't believe the Viking's won, not a fan of Cousins (the whole contract thing). The Twins did the same thing years ago with Mauer, Hunter and Cuddyer, not that they are not good individually, but throwing money at it didn't work then and won't now (Cousins).

I love my Wild, not sure how this year will go though. They have the same money problem as the Vikings with the Parise and Suter. I think Boudreau has run his course here, just cannot close the deal. We did get some good deals late last year and during the off season, Donato, Fiala and Zuccarello. Didn't like loosing Coyle but and I love LOVE Nicky Seeler.

This sota girl says pop, duck, duck, gray duck and loves tater tot hotdish
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dmod nj wrote:

https://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/mets/pete-alonso-mets-9-11-cleats-1.37057327

@dmod nj  love this guy!! I was at the game to see him break the Rookie HR tie - his 53rd was a towering blast!! He's so incredibly humble. Heart The following inning the cameras caught him doing a Wilmer Flores on the field-  he was so [understandably] emotional.

A disclaimer: when I join a thread after it has many posts I usually read back to catch up first. I'm not doing it this time!   Woman LOL

I'm looking forward to see who they bring on to manage now that Mickey is gone. He lost post season for us; some decisions he made had me scratching my head! Woman Frustrated We were just a few games from the wild card too. I see lots of names being tossed around,  It will be what it'll be! Considering our impressive 2019 finish --  I know our 2020 season will be stellar. Heart

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114  I truly hope the Mets have a fabulous season next year!   Alonso makes me happy.    He's a joy to watch and reminds me of Wright. 

I wish only good luck to the next Mets manager.   

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tonight the Yankees are in Minny to pay the Twins, at 8:40 eastern, on FS1.

Starters are Odorizzi and Sevy. 

Good luck to all the playoff teams!  

Image result for antacids

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

GO NATS!

LA @ Wash in one hour on TBS!

Season ender or extender?  All I can say is if Scherzer is Scherzer and Soto and Rendon and Parra and the rest party on home we can win this thing!

Dance on Nat'nals!

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

Tonight the Yankees are in Minny to pay the Twins, at 8:40 eastern, on FS1.

Starters are Odorizzi and Sevy. 

Good luck to all the playoff teams!  

Image result for antacids

lol!  Woman LOL @dmod nj  I watched both games yseterday and I was glad my Mets weren't playing!  Such angst throughout both games. The Nats were 1 strike away from the that whole Dodgers debacle starting in the 6th inning!

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114  and @Sweetbay magnolia ,  I've not watched any other series.  I've only seen highlights.    

Life is getting in the way of baseball playoffs. I hate when that happens. LOL 

Good luck to everyone's teams playing tonight. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Congrats Yankee fans! It was a good series.

This sota girl says pop, duck, duck, gray duck and loves tater tot hotdish
Trusted Contributor

B79C13C0-907C-4AEB-9E6B-1ACA1F6BA8F3.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Congrats to Yankees fans!!!  Being a life long Tigers fan, I was not too unhappy to see the Twins lose.  They are a pretty good team (and will be for years)

I LOVE this time of year!  Baseball playoffs, Pro and College football and HOCKEY!!  

Good Luck to everyone today!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it