Honored Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk 2019 season, all are welcome!

Another loss for the Yankees last night.  Whaaaaaaaaat? 

Yankees are off tonight before starting the last series with the Rangers tomorrow.   

Does anyone know what day the Yankees play their first post season game?   

Good luck to all our teams tonight. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Trusted Contributor

@dmod nj I think the Yankees first post season game is on Friday, October 4.

Respected Contributor

Farewell to Bruce Bochy. I will be at Oracle Park on Sunday, September 29 to watch Bruce Bochy's last day as a San Francisco Giants Manager. Madison Bumgarner is pitching, it could also be his last day as a Giant if the team doesn't pay him in the off season. Giants fans owe Bruce a big debt of gratitude for his brillance in bringing us three World Series Championships, 2010, 2012 and 2014. He will be a Hall of Famer for sure. Thanks for the memories.

Trusted Contributor

Since my team (Cubbies) are out of it - and what a huge collapse that was - I am hoping the Brewers can go all the way.  Still don't know which team will win the division (National League Central) and which team will be the second wild card team.  Cardinals are only one game up on the Brewers and three games left to play.  I love baseball and it is going to be a long winter for me as I am not a football fan.

Honored Contributor

The Mets’ Pete Alonso (“Polar Bear”) hit home run #53 this evening, breaking the all-time rookie home run record that was held for the past 2 years by Aaron Judge of the Yankees. Afterward he was so moved, he was crying on the field. He’s a real keeper!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@naturalfan wrote:

Since my team (Cubbies) are out of it - and what a huge collapse that was - I am hoping the Brewers can go all the way.  Still don't know which team will win the division (National League Central) and which team will be the second wild card team.  Cardinals are only one game up on the Brewers and three games left to play.  I love baseball and it is going to be a long winter for me as I am not a football fan.

@naturalfan : I’ll second your last sentence!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@Lori Kaye wrote:

@dmod nj I think the Yankees first post season game is on Friday, October 4.

@Lori Kaye  Hi Smiley Happy   Yes, thank you. I heard today, it is Friday, against the Twins, in the Bronx.   

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

Farewell to Bruce Bochy. I will be at Oracle Park on Sunday, September 29 to watch Bruce Bochy's last day as a San Francisco Giants Manager. Madison Bumgarner is pitching, it could also be his last day as a Giant if the team doesn't pay him in the off season. Giants fans owe Bruce a big debt of gratitude for his brillance in bringing us three World Series Championships, 2010, 2012 and 2014. He will be a Hall of Famer for sure. Thanks for the memories.

Hi @chessylady , good to see you.  What a bittersweet day for the Giants.   

Did they do anything for Bruce? 

Tell us about it, please. Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

@naturalfan wrote:

Hi @naturalfan   I was very disappointed the Cubbies are out of it.  We have family, originally from Chicago, who now live in Wisconsin. They root for both teams. They are happy about the Brewers! 

Do you follow hockey? 

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

The Mets’ Pete Alonso (“Polar Bear”) hit home run #53 this evening, breaking the all-time rookie home run record that was held for the past 2 years by Aaron Judge of the Yankees. Afterward he was so moved, he was crying on the field. He’s a real keeper!

Hi @handygal2  I posted a video for anyone who has not seen it.  As anyone here knows, I have a soft spot for Pete!  I'm so happy for him. What an accomplishment!

What a rookie year for him! 

https://www.bardown.com/pete-alonso-was-moved-to-tears-after-breaking-aaron-judge-s-rookie-home-run-...