Honored Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk 2019 season, all are welcome!

Well, it took 14 innings, but the Yankees won in the very early hours of today.   Urshela got the winning hit/rbi. Holder struck out the last Angel batter. 

No, I was not up to watch. LOL I saw a highlight this morning. 

Yankees play game 2 tonight. German and Stratton are the starters. 

Good luck to everyone's teams tonight. 

Any news to share about your team with us? 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Red Sox losing 6-3 to the Tigers in the 8th inning. Makeup of a rainout last night. Another game tonight, they will probably lose that too.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

@loveschocolate wrote:

@dmod nj , Reds start a series with the Braves tonight. DD is going to the game Thursday night. 

Much good luck to the Reds in their next series. I hope they win for your DD tonight. Smiley Happy 

How is Sonny Gray doing?   I hope he is doing well for the Reds.  

@dmod nj , not bad! Our offense hasn’t been helping him. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

How about that Harper ejection last night?⚾️(My team is the Nats BTW - )

I'm cracking up over the kid in the Giants jersey and leather jacket thumbing his nose and doing the turkey flap while he sticks out his tongue and makes noises after Harper strikes out.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

Well, it took 14 innings, but the Yankees won in the very early hours of today.   Urshela got the winning hit/rbi. Holder struck out the last Angel batter. 

Waving hi to @dmod nj!  I was happy to see that the Yankees won last night when I got up this morning.  I was trying to stay up for the whole game but I could not keep my eyes open.  Mom lasted until 1 a.m.  Better than me!  I hope to be able to stay awake for the whole game tonight.  I will be rooting for you.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@loveschocolate wrote:

@dmod nj , Reds start a series with the Braves tonight. DD is going to the game Thursday night. 

Much good luck to the Reds in their next series. I hope they win for your DD tonight. Smiley Happy 

How is Sonny Gray doing?   I hope he is doing well for the Reds.  

@dmod nj , not bad! Our offense hasn’t been helping him. 

@loveschocolateI'm pleased to hear he is doing okay.  He is a good pitcher and better man, but gosh, did he struggle in NY.  I'm so happy he is doing okay with the Reds. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

How about that Harper ejection last night?⚾️(My team is the Nats BTW - )

I'm cracking up over the kid in the Giants jersey and leather jacket thumbing his nose and doing the turkey flap while he sticks out his tongue and makes noises after Harper strikes out.

Hi @Sweetbay magnolia   I saw the highlights of that ejection this morning.    I didn't see the kid, though. I will look on youtube. lol   It sounds hysterical. LOL 

I heard Arietta called Harper out for being ejected.  I would like to be a fly on the wall in that clubhouse. 

Honored Contributor

@jbinrwc wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

Waving hi to @dmod nj!  I was happy to see that the Yankees won last night when I got up this morning.  I was trying to stay up for the whole game but I could not keep my eyes open.  Mom lasted until 1 a.m.  Better than me!  I hope to be able to stay awake for the whole game tonight.  I will be rooting for you.

@jbinrwc   Hi, Smiley Happy  Your mom is incredible!  I was in dreamland by the time 1:00 came along. lol 

I'll be up a little tonight watching, but won't get past the first few innings.    Thanks for rooting for me!  I'm a bit loud..............so don't forget your Jersey roots when rooting for me. LOL 

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Red Sox losing 6-3 to the Tigers in the 8th inning. Makeup of a rainout last night. Another game tonight, they will probably lose that too.

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Good luck to the Sox in the second game tonight. Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/nick-burdi-receives-promising-diagnosis-following-frightening-a...

I hope he is okay.  Smiley Sad 

@JillyMarie