Honored Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk 2018 season, all are welcome!

@Sunshine45  great way to start the season!! Congrats!   Hope you enjoyed your evening with your daughter. Smiley Happy  

"Nevertheless, she persisted." "Well behaved women seldom make history."
Honored Contributor

@SoX  The White Sox' Matt Davidson became the first player in Major League Baseball history to hit three home runs in a game in March.

Congrats on the win. 

Trusted Contributor

@dmod

Yes, Cano is still with the M's. Starting tonight batting 3rd.

@jbinrwc

I think it's awesome Ichiro is back with the Mariners. Last season when the Marlins were in town a lot of the local sports writers were saying it would be the last time Ichiro played in Seattle, but I had a feeling he'd be back, and he is. I'm excited to see him playing at "home" again.

Getting close to first pitch in Seattle. Gotta get my K card out and my yellow Kings court shirt because King Felix is on the mound!

Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarplewrote:

Lifelong NY Mets fan here, so sad to see our beloved Rusty Staub has passed away. May he rest in peace. Woman Sad

@JaneMarple I just read about this tonight - how incredibly sad. Loved  Rusty!!  He was one of my first 'baseball crushes' back in the 1970's. I met him several times - most recently at an autograph signing a couple years back. 

Esteemed Contributor

@dmodwrote:

@JaneMarplewrote:

Lifelong NY Mets fan here, so sad to see our beloved Rusty Staub has passed away. May he rest in peace. Woman Sad

Hi @JaneMarple  I just heard the sad news. Smiley Sad  May he RIP.  He was such  a wonderful man and gave back so much, did so much for others........a true humanitarian.  

When I was growing up, I LOVED watching him and listening/reading (in the Daily News) about his love of cooking. 

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/rusty-staub-beloved-mets-icon-dead-73-article-1.3902...

@dmod Rusty's - it was  a great rib restaurant  on the Upper East Side. Went there several times !!

Esteemed Contributor

@Nicksmomwrote:

@ibb38wrote:

mets db.JPG

Let's Go Mets !!! Heart

@ibb38  Ditto!!  LET’S GO METS ❤️❤️

Game one in the bag!!

The Mets honored Rusty today !! Heart

Honored Contributor

@KitTkatwrote:

@dmod

Yes, Cano is still with the M's. Starting tonight batting 3rd.

@jbinrwc

I think it's awesome Ichiro is back with the Mariners. Last season when the Marlins were in town a lot of the local sports writers were saying it would be the last time Ichiro played in Seattle, but I had a feeling he'd be back, and he is. I'm excited to see him playing at "home" again.

Getting close to first pitch in Seattle. Gotta get my K card out and my yellow Kings court shirt because King Felix is on the mound!

@KitTkatwishing Ichiro much good luck this year.    You look great in your shirt!  Smiley Wink   

Honored Contributor

@ibb38wrote:

@dmodwrote:

@JaneMarplewrote:

Hi @JaneMarple  I just heard the sad news. Smiley Sad  May he RIP.  He was such  a wonderful man and gave back so much, did so much for others........a true humanitarian.  

When I was growing up, I LOVED watching him and listening/reading (in the Daily News) about his love of cooking. 

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/rusty-staub-beloved-mets-icon-dead-73-article-1.3902...

@dmod Rusty's - it was  a great rib restaurant  on the Upper East Side. Went there several times !!

Hi @ibb38  I bet it was delicious!!  I love to cook and so enjoyed when he would talk about his love of cooking.  

Respected Contributor

The Red Sox Bar this Year will remain Permanently OPEN...Cat Sad

Open Bar!

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Esteemed Contributor

@dmodwrote:

@SoX  The White Sox' Matt Davidson became the first player in Major League Baseball history to hit three home runs in a game in March.

Congrats on the win. 

@dmod

And I missed the game, Donna ... Will catch the replay on local channel. 

CONGRATS on Yankees win!