Honored Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk 2018 season, all are welcome!

Thank you to everyone for participating tonight. It was fun to hear about teams in both leagues! 

Have a great evening.   

See you all tomorrow. Smiley Happy 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

@dmod nj   My son was at the Yankee Game tonight with his friends.Congrats on the win!! 👍

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@dmod nj   My son was at the Yankee Game tonight with his friends.Congrats on the win!! 👍

Thanks @NicksmomESQ  Glad they won for your son's visit!!  Can he go tomorrow too?  Clearly, he is a good luck charm. lol 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Thanks @NicksmomESQ  Glad they won for your son's visit!!  Can he go tomorrow too?  Clearly, he is a good luck charm. lol 

@dmod nj Lol!! He is actually a Mets fan but went with a group of friends to celebrate one of their birthdays!! 

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@dmod nj Lol!! He is actually a Mets fan but went with a group of friends to celebrate one of their birthdays!! 

LOL LOL  I don't care! LOL  They won with him there!!  I'll take the wins anyway I can get them. LOL 

Let's hope the Mets get themselves straightened out!!  They need to go back to winning! 

Respected Contributor

Today's Headlines...Yankees get even with Joe Kelly, move into tie with Red Sox atop AL East

The New York Yankees got their revenge on Joe Kelly last night, when Aaron Judge hit an RBI-single off the right-hander to break a tie in the seventh inning and propel the Bronx Bombers to a 3-2 victory.

So what's so great about this Rivalry for a Red Sox fan...The Red Sox are losing games.. no surpriseCat Indifferent

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/08/sports/red-sox-yankees-rivalry.html

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Honored Contributor

@MarLoCat wrote:

Today's Headlines...Yankees get even with Joe Kelly, move into tie with Red Sox atop AL East

The New York Yankees got their revenge on Joe Kelly last night, when Aaron Judge hit an RBI-single off the right-hander to break a tie in the seventh inning and propel the Bronx Bombers to a 3-2 victory.

So what's so great about this Rivalry for a Red Sox fan...The Red Sox are losing games.. no surpriseCat Indifferent

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/08/sports/red-sox-yankees-rivalry.html

@MarLoCat  it seems like our teams switched places. Earlier in the season, Yankees were losing some games, and the Sox were on a winning streak.   

This series, the Yankees are on a winning streak and the Sox are losing a few. 

It's a long season!   I know the Sox will rebound..........hopefully not this series. Smiley Wink Smiley Happy 

Having them neck and neck, and switching 1st and 2nd place  positions, makes for a fun season! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi baseball fans! 

Yankees and Sox play game 2 tonight.  It's  perfect weather for baseball! 

Tanaka and Jersey Guy, Porcello, are the starters.  Rick grew up in my neck of Jersey.    Porcello is undefeated this year, 5-0. 

The game is on NESN, YES and ESPN for out of market fans. 

Whatever team wins tonight, will take sole possession of 1st place.  May the best team win.  *shaking hands with @MarLoCat @Barbara-QVC and @Greeneyedlady21*

Any other Soxettes reading this thread and watching the games?  Join in. Smiley Happy 

Good luck to all our teams tonight. Smiley Happy 

Pitchers of Maaloxitinis are in the fridge chilling,in case we need them tonight. 

Image result for pitcher of pink martinis

Help yourself to some savory and sweet fondues. 

Image result for fondue

Image result for fondue
Image result for yankees vs red sox
Honored Contributor

@dmod nj I'm watching now with my Mom, but I have to watch the Celtics at 8. Check in on Sox during breaks

GO CELTICS!💚🍀

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@dmod nj I'm watching now with my Mom, but I have to watch the Celtics at 8. Check in on Sox during breaks

GO CELTICS!💚🍀

Waving hi to you and your mom. Smiley Happy   Good luck to your Celtics.  When I was young, I LOVED Dave Cowens of the Celtics.  

Enjoy the games with your mom. Heart