Trusted Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk 2018 season, all are welcome!

Well, the Pirates took the Reds 6-2. That puts us a smidge over 500.
Honored Contributor

Rain delay today Red Sox vs Tigers. It's supposed to start at 2:45. Red Sox lost last night. Sale is pitching today.

For anyone who is interested there's a special on Monday night on PBS about Ted Williams. 9 ET.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Red Sox won today 9-1. Their 70th win.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Good evening everyone, Smiley Happy

@Sweetbay magnolia  I know your Nats are struggling. Smiley Sad   @VaBelle35 is also a Nats fan who is suffering with you.  

@JillyMarie  congrats on the win!!  They picked up where they left off before the AS break!   Continued good luck!! 

@Greeneyedlady21  congrats on the win. Thank you for sharing the Ted Williams info. I passed it on to a family member who LOVED him.! 

Yankees play the Mets in the rubber game of the series tonight on ESPN. Right now, they are in a rain delay.  It is not raining here and hoping the good weather heads east so the game will be played. 

Tanaka and deGrom are the starters. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Game is rained out.  *sigh* 

Now what will I watch? Smiley Wink  

See ya tomorrow. Smiley Happy 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

The game  will be made up on Monday, August 13th at 7:05 p.m. ET.

Respected Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

The Tigers beat Verlander yesterday, with 4 home runs !!!!  I think he served them up, he feels bad for us.....

@redwingsgal  Waving Hi was thinking of  your post today...when waiting for the rain delay...they showed J.D. Martinez in an interview with Guerin Austin...visiting his ballpark he said "He Misses Detroit & Homesick"...

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Trusted Contributor

I read a piece on CBS Sports blog that said that there are 2 small market teams having their scouts watch Sonny Gray.  The blog didn't name the teams.

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

Hi @MarLoCat   hope you have a great week too.  The weather here is supposed to be rainy all week.  My lawn and landscaping are loving it.  My hair?  Not so much. lol 

@cancun08  please, take him.  Who/what do we get for compensation?  We need reliable, dependable, starters! 

Yankees are in Tampa tonight.  Sevy and Wood are the starters.  I'll be out tonight.  I will be able to listen to bits and parts of the game!   @cancun08, you are in charge of the drinks. lol lol  

Good luck to all our teams today!  

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the love, @MarLoCat !!  Love the pic.  We actually did better than I thought we would last weekend!!! 

Is Porcello still a starter???

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it