Honored Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk 2018 season, all are welcome!

I went to Cooperstown with my Mom four years ago. In October. She got sick the following March. I will always believe that some strong force was telling me that was going to happen and that we needed to take that trip.

We stayed at the Otesaga, it was back when Amazon had the local deals...whatever  that was called. Great price and when we checked in we got a room upgrade. To a much bigger room with a sitting area and giant flatscreen. Luckily I never read until we got home that the Otesaga is said to be haunted. I never saw or heard anything.

It's a short walk from the Otesaga to the Hall Of Fame. It was already cold when we were there, snowflakes flying one day. It's a very special memory.

The HOF was not crowded when we were there, sometimes it almost felt like we had it to ourselves. It's such a special place.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I love watching Sport Center MLB highlights early in the season.  Everyone is healthy, running out to first like theirs a fire under them and generally playing hard.

By August, they all look like old men.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21wrote:

I went to Cooperstown with my Mom four years ago. In October. She got sick the following March. I will always believe that some strong force was telling me that was going to happen and that we needed to take that trip.

We stayed at the Otesaga, it was back when Amazon had the local deals...whatever  that was called. Great price and when we checked in we got a room upgrade. To a much bigger room with a sitting area and giant flatscreen. Luckily I never read until we got home that the Otesaga is said to be haunted. I never saw or heard anything.

It's a short walk from the Otesaga to the Hall Of Fame. It was already cold when we were there, snowflakes flying one day. It's a very special memory.

The HOF was not crowded when we were there, sometimes it almost felt like we had it to ourselves. It's such a special place.

@Greeneyedlady21  I believe you were "pushed" to make that trip too.  I'm glad you share that memory with your mom. Heart

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35wrote:

I love watching Sport Center MLB highlights early in the season.  Everyone is healthy, running out to first like theirs a fire under them and generally playing hard.

By August, they all look like old men.

Woman Tongue  

In October, they all look young again. LOL LOL 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@MarLoCatwrote:

https://www.mlb.com/cut4/david-ortiz-derek-jeter-and-jorge-posada-at-marlins-game/c-270555606

@MarLoCatTHANK YOU f or sharing this with us.  I can't help but giggle and smile with them. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yankees are playing in the cold, rainy, damp, raw day.  

All the opening day's ceremonies were canceled.  

Bucky Dent and Mickey Rivers threw out the 1st pitch! 

I did enjoy hearing the Bleacher Creatures' roll call! 

I just hope this game gets to at least 5 and no one gets hurt.  It's rainy in my neck of Jersey. 

Ellsbury's hip is bothering him and won't be back as soon as expected. 

Trusted Contributor

Interleague games start early for the M's this year. At the Giants today!

Honored Contributor

@KitTkatwrote:

Interleague seems early  to me. Wow!!  Second series in and it is interleague play?   Not sure how I feel about that since they play by different rules......dh.  MLB has not asked me to weigh in. LOL LOL 

Good luck to your M's, @KitTkat

Trusted Contributor

@dmod njwrote:

@KitTkatwrote:

Interleague seems early  to me. Wow!!  Second series in and it is interleague play?   Not sure how I feel about that since they play by different rules......dh.  MLB has not asked me to weigh in. LOL LOL 

Good luck to your M's, @KitTkat

LOL- no one ever asks the fans! I kind of like seeing the different teams, however, i dont like losing our dh when we're the visiting team.