Respected Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk 2018 season, all are welcome!

Agree, @dmod nj, not a fan of Marchand or Chara.

But I also do not care for the Bolts!  Not until they give us back our Stevie Y !!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

Sorry, I guess that last one should have gone in the Hockey thread!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

Sorry, I guess that last one should have gone in the Hockey thread!!

No worries, @redwingsgal.  You can talk about whatever you want, wherever you want. Smiley Happy

I understand why you don't want the Bolts.  He has done a FABULOUS job with them.   There are many ex-Rangers on the team, so that is why I'm rooting for them. They couldn't win a SC with us, so they might as well win with the Bolts. 

I've warmed up to Chara.  Without saying too much here.............one of my son's jobs, while in college, was located near the Boston Garden.  He saw a lot of Chara in the neighborhood.  Chara was warm, respectful and did a lot for the community without a lot of publicity.  The neighborhood really LOVES him and leaves him and his family alone. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

My afternoon plans changed, so I will be able to watch the game! YAY!! 

Yankees 

Today is Judge's and Cessa's birthdays. Both are 26. Gary, German, Montgomery, and Torreyes  turn 26 later on this year.  All were born the same year as my son. Smiley Happy They are all so YOUNG! 

Today, Yankees go for their 6th straight win! The game starts at 1:00 eastern on MLB for those out of the area. 

Monty is our pitcher. Not sure who is starting for the Twins. 

LET'S GO YANKEES! 

It is a STUNNING spring day in Jersey! 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Good luck to everyone's teams today. 

Yankees fly to the west coast after this game.  Those late games will be difficult to watch.  @jbinrwc   take care of our boys while they are on your coast.   

Honored Contributor

Yankees win their 6th straight and sweep the Twins! 

Wow! What a 9th inning. What a shot by Sanchez! 

Wooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo!!

Respected Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

Good luck to everyone's teams today. 

Yankees fly to the west coast after this game.  Those late games will be difficult to watch.  @jbinrwc   take care of our boys while they are on your coast.   

So happy to see that the Yankees won when I got home from the gym.  What an ending!  Must have been very exciting to see.  Good to see that Sanchez is getting his bat in gear at last.

@dmod nj, I will do my best to take care of our boys while they are in CA.  Hoping their winning ways continue.  I think they tend to have trouble with the Angels.  I'll be cheering them on for sure.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Honored Contributor

Good morning, Smiley Happy 

Congrats to all the winning teams from yesterday. 

Yankees are playing the Angels.  The game is on 10:00 eastern on YES. 

Sevy and Heaney are the starters. 

I will try to stay up for a bit of the game. I don't think I'll be watching the whole thing.  

Any Angels fans reading this thread?  

Good luck to all our teams tonight. Smiley Happy 

Mets are on the west coast too.  

Respected Contributor

We lost on a walk-off in Pittsburgh yesterday.  Bottom 9 HR.  Lost 1-0

On to Baltimore this evening.  This series will be the last meeting between Detroit and Baltimore all season!!  And it isn't even May yet!!!

Good Luck to everyone this weekend!!!

Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

We lost on a walk-off in Pittsburgh yesterday.  Bottom 9 HR.  Lost 1-0

On to Baltimore this evening.  This series will be the last meeting between Detroit and Baltimore all season!!  And it isn't even May yet!!!

Good Luck to everyone this weekend!!!

Hi @redwingsgal  good luck in Baltimore. Don't forget to shake hands with @sunshine45. lol lol  May the best team win!