Honored Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk 2018 season, all are welcome!

Yankees have started their journey for a World Series Championship, this year.  Yes, I am hopeful! LOL 

Spring training started today. 

Sevy will probably be the opening day starter. 

Ellsbury will not start the season healthy! Shocking.  *sigh*   He needs to retire. 

CC says he will retire at the end of this season. 

http://web.yesnetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20190213&content_id=303848926&oid=36019

http://web.yesnetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20190212&content_id=303837744&oid=36019

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Tell us about how your team's spring training is going. Smiley Happy 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

SF Giants fan, still hoping for a Bryce Harper signing. I will be at Oracle Park(formerly ATT) on April 5 for home opening day. 

Honored Contributor

Hi @chessylady  How wonderful for you!  I hope the Giatns win for you on Opening Day!   How is it looking for a Harper signing?  

I don't know how the Giants are doing.  How is it looking for them this year?

Are you pleased?  

Respected Contributor

dmod, We have had a rough time for two years. We need outfielders and BATS. We have a new GM Farhan Zaidi that we got from our rivals, the Dodgers. There has been little trade action so far but if we snagged Harper, Giants fans would be very happy.

Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

dmod, We have had a rough time for two years. We need outfielders and BATS. We have a new GM Farhan Zaidi that we got from our rivals, the Dodgers. There has been little trade action so far but if we snagged Harper, Giants fans would be very happy.

Harper would certainly be a welcome piece to the puzzle for your team!  I hope you snag him........and any others you may need. 

I wish Zaidi much good luck as the team rebuilds towards a winning season! 

Honored Contributor

It sounds like Bryce Harper might be signing with the Phillies tomorrow. The Phillies ticket sales staff had tomorrow off for President's day, but we're notified today that the office would need to be open and fully staffed tomorrow. It sounds like the Phillies are expecting to make an announcement that they anticipate generating lots of ticket sales. Bryce Harper signing is the most likely reason for that.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

It sounds like Bryce Harper might be signing with the Phillies tomorrow. The Phillies ticket sales staff had tomorrow off for President's day, but we're notified today that the office would need to be open and fully staffed tomorrow. It sounds like the Phillies are expecting to make an announcement that they anticipate generating lots of ticket sales. Bryce Harper signing is the most likely reason for that.

Hi @gardenman   sure sounds like the Phillies are gearing up for a big announcement!     No word, as of the last time I looked. Please update for us when you hear anything. 

Honored Contributor

@dmod nj 

Apparently the Phillies brought their ticket sales staff in for nothing as nothing happened. Harper coming to Philly is still the hot rumor, but he still hasn't signed.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

all i have to say is WOW......hope you padres fans enjoy manny in san diego!

It's the largest contract handed out in the history of American professional sports....$300 million, 10-year deal. And, in case you're wondering, the Padres are coming to Camden Yards this season (those will be an interesting games for manny fans in baltimore.)

https://www.wbal.com/article/373903/40/espn-manny-machado-agrees-to-10-year-300m-deal-with-padres?fb...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein