Honored Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk 2018 season, all are welcome!

@cancun08 wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@cancun08  I'll wave to you this weekend. I'm going with hubby for a weekend in Syracuse. We are also going to see Chris Young on Saturday night. I CAN'T WAIT!!    I LOVE Chris Young.   

How will you recognize me?  I'll be wearing autumn shades of clothing.  You'll spot me. LOL LOL 

I'll have a big smile on my face.  Have I mentioned..........I LOVE Chris Young? Smiley Wink LOL LOL  

@dmod nj

Well, you and hubby enjoy the concert!!  I must confess that I have no idea who Chris Young is...lol.  

@cancun08  He sings contemporary country music.  There are lots of videos and performances on youtube if you want to check him out.  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

I posted this in the pet lovers forum. It's about Dave Mellor the head groundskeeper at Fenway and his service dog Drago 💜

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Pet-Lovers/Dave-And-His-Service-Dog-Drago/m-p/5048111#M85151

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21  heartfelt  story! Thanks for sharing.  

@cancun08  I waved to you while picking up some baked goods from Wegmans.  I hope you saw me.  I was the one looking TIRED after a fabulous Saturday night.  I ain't as young as I think. LOL  

@Lori Kayeif you ever get a chance to see Chris Young or Dan + Shay, GO!   Both were so good..............sang their hits and more!   My husband said I SMILED the entire evening.    I'm sure you heard me singing. Yep, I was the one singing off key, but having fun. lol      I danced/stood all night.  I used to be able to burn the candle on both ends. Now?  Not so much. LOL  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Trusted Contributor

@dmod nj

Glad that you enjoyed yourself!!  I am headed out Wegmans on wednesday.  My top two "Aisles of Avoidance" are:  #1 the bulk candy aisle and #2 the bakery aisle!  I fail miserably at avoiding them, though. It's always a handful of this candy goes into the bag then another and yet another.  I did make it outta there last time by avoiding both aisles, so I have no hope of a repeat!  

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

@cancun08 wrote:

@dmod nj

Glad that you enjoyed yourself!!  I am headed out Wegmans on wednesday.  My top two "Aisles of Avoidance" are:  #1 the bulk candy aisle and #2 the bakery aisle!  I fail miserably at avoiding them, though. It's always a handful of this candy goes into the bag then another and yet another.  I did make it outta there last time by avoiding both aisles, so I have no hope of a repeat!  

Hi @cancun08  safe travels on Wednesday!   I know exactly what you mean about those aisles!!   You MUST have extra candy for the LONG ride home. LOL    I highly recommend the apple fritters from the bakery!  OMG, they were out of the world delicious!  I had a few...............Smiley Wink It was a LONG ride back to Jersey. lol  

Trusted Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

@cancun08 wrote:

@dmod nj

Hi @cancun08  safe travels on Wednesday!   I know exactly what you mean about those aisles!!   You MUST have extra candy for the LONG ride home. LOL    I highly recommend the apple fritters from the bakery!  OMG, they were out of the world delicious!  I had a few...............Smiley Wink It was a LONG ride back to Jersey. lol  

@dmod nj

Great.....just what I need, an enabler!  Lol.

Rest assured that they will be on my list, now that you've brought it up!  

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Trusted Contributor

@dmod nj I’m so happy that you enjoyed the concert!! I could have seen most any of the country singers this summer near me. We are fortunate to get all the good acts. Only problem is it’s outdoors in the summer and I just can’t take the heat ☹️ My son and his friends go to most of them. 

Honored Contributor

@cancun08 wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@cancun08 wrote:

@dmod nj

@dmod nj

Great.....just what I need, an enabler!  Lol.

Rest assured that they will be on my list, now that you've brought it up!  

Woman LOLWoman LOL  Yep, that is me, the best enabler you could ever want to have as a friend. LOL LOL 

Honored Contributor

@Lori Kaye wrote:

@dmod nj I’m so happy that you enjoyed the concert!! I could have seen most any of the country singers this summer near me. We are fortunate to get all the good acts. Only problem is it’s outdoors in the summer and I just can’t take the heat ☹️ My son and his friends go to most of them. 

I hear ya about being outdoors.  I can't take the heat either. I don't go to the outdoor arenas either.  When  I was younger,  it bothered me, but not like now. 

My friends  call my home the meat locker because I keep in cool in the summer. Thank goodness for ac. 

Honored Contributor

Congratulations to Brian Snitker (Atlanta Braves) and  Bob Melvin (Oakland A's)  - worthy recipients of this year's Manager of the Year awards. Melvin had the lowest opening day payroll in th AL.

In other news, Gabe Kapler (manager of the Phillies) lost his home in the Malibu fire.  His family is safe; an ex-wife and two sons lived there.  In his comments, he urged people to talk about the devastation and get the news out.  He said he will be fine - all he lost was "stuff" - but some people are in bad shape, having lost their only shelter and safe haven.