Trusted Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk 2018 season, all are welcome!

@dmod nj

That was supposed to read Brodeur NOT Brother in my last reply to you.  Darn autocorrect!!!

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

well ladies, the ORIOLES are about to hit a milestone that no baseball team ever wants to see......100 LOSSES!

oriole1.jpg

it will be so nice when this season is officially OVER and i am so happy that my RAVENS are starting fresh!

just stopping in to say hello!

waving baseball bat.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45

I gotta say that it is sad but that logo on his cap made me laugh right out loud.  

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

@cancun08  I forgot about the farm team being from your neck of the woods.  Makes sense now.   My son would have died and went to Brodeur heaven as well, if that happened to him. lol   

In 2000, if I remember correctly, we waited outside the players exit to get autographs. A few Devils stopped their cars to sign a mini SC banner.  My son still has that hanging in this apartment. He would have gone off the deep end if Brodeur stopped. lol Thanks for sharing your story. Smiley Happy 

@sunshine45  good to see you. Smiley Happy  Good luck to your Ravens.  I'm so pleased to see your boys  do this.  https://www.msnbc.com/stephanie-ruhle/watch/baltimore-orioles-feature-braille-letters-on-jerseys-131...

@Lori Kayethanks for the news about Didi! 

Yankees are in Seattle with Tanaka and Paxton on the mound. The  game is at 10:00 pm eastern.  

Soxettes, who is up next for your boys? 

Any M's fans reading this?   I hope this is a good series.  Smiley Happy 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@dmod nj

thanks!

i did forget to mention the braille uniforms. 9/18/18

we are the first american team to have such a uniform.

since we are last, it will be nice to do something FIRST. Smiley Happy

When the O's sport their new Braille-lettered uniforms, the team will be hosting National Federation of the Blind night at Oriole Park at Camden Yards.

On Sept. 18, we'll recognize the 40th anniversary of @NFB_voice moving their headquarters to Baltimore and become the first American professional sports team to incorporate Braille lettering into our gameday uniforms when we host National Federation of the Blind Night at OPACY. pic.twitter.com/vU8ZDlXGOr
— Baltimore Orioles (@Orioles) September 5, 2018

orioles braille.jpg
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@dmod nj Red Sox play the Astros this weekend at Fenway. Price is pitching tonight.

They officially announced today that Pedroia is done for the season. I knew that would be the case anyway, but it still made me feel so sad. Because of my Mom too. She must be sad in Heaven....

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@dmod nj Red Sox play the Astros this weekend at Fenway. Price is pitching tonight.

They officially announced today that Pedroia is done for the season. I knew that would be the case anyway, but it still made me feel so sad. Because of my Mom too. She must be sad in Heaven....

Wow!  Your boys have a difficult weekend ahead!    Two great teams going to the playoffs!   Should be fun to watch. 

It makes me sad to know he is done for the season. He is a great player!  It's sad to see a player like that struggling and having to sit out a year.  I hope he comes back strong and healthy next year. 

(((((((((  gentle hugs)))))))))))))) 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Trusted Contributor

3AEE7647-C875-4987-94D8-016D236455F0.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Red Sox losing yet again to the Astros. They don't match up well against them, and that's not good news. The bullpen is a major issue, and Dombrowski should have improved it.

Today is a really difficult day for me, on this day last year I got the awful phone call about my Mom's diagnosis. I went to the cemetery today and I brought some Fenway dirt. 

When David Ortiz retired they sold bottles of it from his last game. I got one for me and one for my Mom. So I dug a hole at her headstone and put some of that dirt in it. I love that it's there and I think she would too.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Red Sox losing yet again to the Astros. They don't match up well against them, and that's not good news. The bullpen is a major issue, and Dombrowski should have improved it.

Today is a really difficult day for me, on this day last year I got the awful phone call about my Mom's diagnosis. I went to the cemetery today and I brought some Fenway dirt. 

When David Ortiz retired they sold bottles of it from his last game. I got one for me and one for my Mom. So I dug a hole at her headstone and put some of that dirt in it. I love that it's there and I think she would too.

(((((( gentle hugs ))))))))

I think what you did was a sentimenal gesture.  I think you did a wonderful thing to honor your mom. 

ITA, should would love it's there. 

Be kind to yourself.   I hope each day is a little easier for you. Heart